Zach Eflin gets the starting nod for Philadelphia while Chris Bassitt is New York’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Phillies vs. Mets Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Mets
Our computer pick: New York Mets (-110) and Over (7)
Phillies vs. Mets Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Zach Eflin
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Chris Bassitt
- Game Day: Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Philadelphia Phillies vs New York Mets Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Zach Eflin
- Eflin makes the start for the Phillies, his sixth of the season. He is 1-2 with a 5.25 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 24 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came on Sunday against the New York Mets, when the righty threw 4 1/3 innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 5.25, with 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opposing hitters have a .284 batting average against him.
- Eflin has one quality start under his belt this season.
- Eflin has pitched five or more innings in a game two times this season heading into this game.
- He will take the mound against a Mets squad that is batting .256 as a unit (second in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .383 (12th in MLB) with 23 total home runs (14th in MLB).
- Eflin has pitched 4 1/3 innings, giving up five earned runs on eight hits while striking out three against the Mets this season.
Mets Starter Chris Bassitt
- The Mets will send Bassitt (3-2) to the mound for his sixth start this season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Monday, when he tossed seven innings while giving up three earned runs on six hits in a matchup with the Atlanta Braves.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 2.61, a 4.25 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .935.
- He’s looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Bassitt will look to pitch five or more innings for the sixth start in a row.
- The Phillies are batting .247 this season, fifth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .409 (fourth in the league) with 28 home runs.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 33-year-old’s 2.61 ERA ranks 25th, .935 WHIP ranks 19th, and 9.9 K/9 ranks 14th.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have won nine, or 47.4%, of the 19 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Philadelphia has entered 19 games this season favored by -110 or more and is 9-10 in those contests.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 52.4% chance of a victory for the Phillies.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 13 of their 26 opportunities.
- The Phillies are 11-15-0 ATS in their 26 games with a spread this season.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have been underdogs in five games this season and have come away with the win three times (60%) in those contests.
- This season, New York has been victorious three times in five chances when named as an underdog of at least -110 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Mets have a 52.4% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in 12 of their 28 opportunities.
- The Mets have an against the spread record of 18-9-0 in 27 games with a line this season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryce Harper has put up a team-high 17 runs batted in.
- Harper’s home runs rank him 22nd in MLB, and he ranks 18th in RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber has shown his power as he leads his team with seven home runs.
- Including all major league batters, Schwarber ranks sixth in homers and 20th in RBI.
- Schwarber has two straight games with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a double, three home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos leads the Phillies with a team-high batting average of .308.
- Castellanos will look to build on his two-game hitting in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
- Alec Bohm is hitting .304 with four doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Francisco Lindor paces the Mets with five home runs.
- Lindor’s home run total puts him 22nd in MLB, and he ranks 20th in RBI.
- Starling Marte has four doubles, three home runs and three walks while batting .272.
- Marte is 62nd in homers and seventh in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Jeff McNeil has a team-high batting average of .348.
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets with five long balls and runs batted in, driving in 21.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Mets
We have the Mets on the moneyline at -110 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price