The Philadelphia Phillies (31-31) and Rhys Hoskins (four hits last time out) are favored (-135) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Miami Marlins (28-32) on Wednesday at 1:05 PM ET. Kyle Gibson gets the starting nod for Philadelphia while Pablo Lopez is Miami’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Phillies vs. Marlins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Marlins
Our computer pick: Miami Marlins (+115) and Over (8.5)
Phillies vs. Marlins Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Kyle Gibson
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Pablo López
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 15, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Philadelphia Phillies vs Miami Marlins Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Kyle Gibson
- Gibson makes the start for the Phillies, his 13th of the season. He is 4-2 with a 4.41 ERA and 56 strikeouts in 63 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Friday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when he tossed 6 2/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 34-year-old has a 4.41 ERA and 8 strikeouts per nine innings across 12 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .250 to opposing hitters.
- Gibson has five quality starts under his belt this season.
- Gibson has put together eight starts this season in which he pitched five or more innings.
- He will face off against a Marlins offense that ranks 17th in MLB with 491 total hits (on a .242 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .398 (12th in MLB) with 68 total home runs (13th in MLB).
- Gibson has thrown 4 2/3 innings, giving up four earned runs on five hits while striking out six against the Marlins this season.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 34-year-old’s 4.41 ERA ranks 51st, 1.263 WHIP ranks 44th, and 8 K/9 ranks 33rd.
Marlins Starter Pablo López
- Lopez (4-2) will take to the mound for the Marlins and make his 13th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed six hits in 4 1/3 innings pitched against the Houston Astros on Saturday.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 2.43 and 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .205 in 12 games this season.
- In 12 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in five of them.
- Lopez has made nine starts of five or more innings in 12 chances this season, and averages 5.3 frames when he pitches.
- The Phillies have scored 301 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB. They have 532 hits, seventh in baseball, with 80 home runs (third in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Phillies to go 4-for-19 with two doubles in 5 1/3 innings this season.
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 26-year-old’s 2.43 ERA ranks 11th, 1.024 WHIP ranks 17th, and 9.2 K/9 ranks 20th.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have been favorites in 38 games this season and won 21 (55.3%) of those contests.
- This season, Philadelphia has won 11 of its 24 games, or 45.8%, when favored by at least -135 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 57.4% chance of a victory for the Phillies.
- Games involving Philadelphia have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 36 of 62 chances this season.
- The Phillies have an ATS record of 32-30-0 in 62 games with a spread this season.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Marlins have been chosen as underdogs in 33 games this year and have walked away with the win 12 times (36.4%) in those games.
- Miami has a mark of 6-12 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +115 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Marlins have a 46.5% chance of pulling out a win.
- Miami’s games have gone over the total in 31 of their 60 opportunities.
- The Marlins are 32-28-0 against the spread in their 60 games that had a posted line this season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryce Harper paces the Phillies with 46 runs batted in while racking up a team-best batting average of .318.
- In all of the majors, Harper is 12th in homers and sixth in RBI.
- Harper carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .438 with a double, five walks and an RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber’s 16 home runs lead his team.
- Schwarber is sixth in homers and 33rd in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Hoskins is batting .249 with 11 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 28 walks.
- Hoskins is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .550 with two doubles, four home runs, three walks and nine RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos has 14 doubles, seven home runs and 18 walks while hitting .258.
- Castellanos is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with a double and two RBI.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jazz Chisholm leads the Marlins in home runs (13) and runs batted in (41).
- In all of the majors, Chisholm is 17th in home runs and 10th in RBI.
- Jorge Soler is hitting .221 with 12 doubles, 12 home runs and 25 walks.
- Soler ranks 23rd overall in homers and 69th in RBI this season.
- Garrett Cooper leads the Marlins’ lineup with a .311 batting average.
- Jesus Aguilar has 11 doubles, nine home runs and 18 walks while hitting .247.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Marlins
Our best bet is the Marlins on the moneyline at +115 after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price