The Philadelphia Phillies (13-17) are -130 favorites to take Game 3 of th series from the Seattle Mariners (14-17) Wednesday at 3:40 PM ET. The teams enter the matchup with the series record tied, and the underdog Mariners are listed with +111 odds to win the rubber match and take the series victory. Philadelphia’s Bailey Falter and Seattle’s Logan Gilbert have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Phillies vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+111) and Over (7)
Phillies vs. Mariners Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Bailey Falter
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Logan Gilbert
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Game Time: 3:40 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Philadelphia Phillies vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Bailey Falter
- Falter will make his first start of the season for the Phillies.
- It’s the first appearance this season for the 25-year-old lefty, and his first outing in more than a year.
- The Mariners rank 13th in run scoring in the league (123) this season and are batting .229 while hitting 31 home runs (ninth in the league).
Mariners Starter Logan Gilbert
- Gilbert (4-0) will take the mound for the Mariners, his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw five innings against the Tampa Bay Rays, giving up four earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 1.64, a 3 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.091 in six games this season.
- He has earned a quality start one time in six starts this season.
- Gilbert has pitched five or more innings in six straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Phillies rank fifth in MLB with a .250 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks second in the league (.416) and 35 home runs.
- The 25-year-old ranks eighth in ERA (1.64), 31st in WHIP (1.091), and 21st in K/9 (9.0) among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Phillies have been favored 21 times and won 10, or 47.6%, of those games.
- Philadelphia has entered 18 games this season favored by -130 or more and is 7-11 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Phillies have a 56.5% chance to win.
- So far this season, Philadelphia and its opponents have hit the over in 15 of their 30 games with a total.
- The Phillies are 13-17-0 against the spread this season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been victorious in seven, or 33.3%, of the 21 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Seattle has come away with a win two times in 12 chances when named as an underdog of at least +111 or longer on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mariners have a 47.4% chance of pulling out a win.
- Contests with Seattle have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 16 of 31 chances this season.
- The Mariners are 16-15-0 against the spread in their 31 games that had a posted line this season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryce Harper has a team-best 19 runs batted in.
- Harper ranks 17th in homers and 19th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Harper has collected a hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .429 with three doubles, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos has a club-leading .311 batting average.
- Of all major league hitters, Castellanos is 32nd in home runs and 27th in RBI.
- Castellanos enters this game looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Jean Segura has two doubles, five home runs and seven walks while batting .295.
- Segura is on an eight-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .351 with three home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber’s seven home runs are a team-high mark.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ty France has driven in the most runs for the Mariners with 23 runs batted in.
- France is 32nd in homers and fifth in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- J.P. Crawford has a club-high .327 batting average.
- Crawford is 48th overall in home runs and 104th in RBI this season.
- Adam Frazier is batting .263 with six doubles, a triple, a home run and 12 walks.
- Eugenio Suarez leads the Mariners with six home runs.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Mariners
We have the Mariners on the moneyline at +111 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price