The Philadelphia Phillies (12-16), led by the red-hot Jean Segura and his two-game homer streak, are -121 favorites to pick up a win over the Seattle Mariners (13-16) Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET, live from T-Mobile Park. Philadelphia’s Aaron Nola gets the start, and he’ll go against Seattle’s Robbie Ray.
Table of Contents
Phillies vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+101) and Over (7)
Phillies vs. Mariners Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Aaron Nola
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Robbie Ray
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Philadelphia Phillies vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Aaron Nola
- Nola gets the start for the Phillies, his seventh of the season. He is 1-3 with a 3.37 ERA and 41 strikeouts in 34 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent time out was on Thursday against the New York Mets, when he threw seven innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing three hits.
- In six games this season, the 28-year-old has a 3.37 ERA and 10.6 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .197 to his opponents.
- Nola is seeking his fourth quality start in a row.
- Nola is looking for his fifth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 innings per appearance on the mound.
- He will face a Mariners offense that ranks 13th in the league with 118 runs while batting .229 as a unit. It has a collective .380 slugging percentage (14th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 31 home runs (seventh in MLB).
- The 28-year-old ranks 38th in ERA (3.37), ninth in WHIP (.865), and 10th in K/9 (10.6) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Mariners Starter Robbie Ray
- The Mariners will hand the ball to Ray (2-3) for his seventh start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Friday, when he tossed 6 2/3 innings while giving up four earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Tampa Bay Rays.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 4.38 and 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .239 in six games this season.
- He has three quality starts in six chances this season.
- Ray has pitched five or more innings in six straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Phillies rank fifth in MLB with a .247 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks third in the league (.405) and 30 home runs.
- The 30-year-old ranks 49th in ERA (4.38), 42nd in WHIP (1.243), and 37th in K/9 (7.5) among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have been favorites in 20 games this season and won 10 (50%) of those contests.
- Philadelphia has entered 18 games this season favored by -121 or more and is 8-10 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Phillies, based on the moneyline, is 54.8%.
- Philadelphia’s games have gone over the total in 14 of their 29 chances.
- The Phillies are 13-16-0 against the spread in their 29 chances this season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been chosen as underdogs in 20 games this year and have walked away with the win six times (30%) in those games.
- Seattle has a mark of 4-10 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +101 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Mariners have an implied victory probability of 49.8% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Contests with Seattle have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 15 of 30 chances this season.
- The Mariners have posted a record of 15-15-0 against the spread this season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryce Harper has been the Phillies top run producer this season, leading the team with 19 RBI while hitting .241 with six home runs.
- In all of the majors, Harper ranks 14th in homers and 14th in RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber’s seven home runs pace his team.
- Schwarber ranks sixth in home runs and 31st in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Nicholas Castellanos has six doubles, four home runs and nine walks while hitting .293.
- Castellanos has at least one base hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .421 with three doubles, a home run and five RBI.
- Alec Bohm has a club-high .312 batting average.
- Bohm brings a four-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .304 with a double.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ty France has put up a team-leading 22 runs batted in.
- In all of MLB, France ranks 28th in home runs and fifth in RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .340 to lead the lineup.
- Crawford is currently 41st in home runs and 112th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Adam Frazier is hitting .246 with six doubles, a triple, a home run and 11 walks.
- Eugenio Suarez has swatted a team- leading six home runs.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Mariners
Our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at +101 after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price