The Los Angeles Dodgers (26-12) will put their six-game win streak to the test when they visit the Philadelphia Phillies (18-21) Saturday at 6:05 PM ET. Sportsbooks consider the Phillies to be -125 favorites, while the Dodgers are +105 underdogs to keep their streak alive. Aaron Nola gets the starting nod for Philadelphia while Mitch White is Los Angeles’ starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Phillies vs. Dodgers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Dodgers
Our computer pick: Los Angeles Dodgers (+105) and Over (8.5)
Phillies vs. Dodgers Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Aaron Nola
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Mitch White
- Game Day: Saturday, May 21, 2022
- Game Time: 6:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Philadelphia Phillies vs Los Angeles Dodgers Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Aaron Nola
- Nola gets the start for the Phillies, his ninth of the season. He is 1-4 with a 3.64 ERA and 55 strikeouts in 47 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Sunday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, the righty tossed seven innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- The 28-year-old has put up a 3.64 ERA and 10.5 strikeouts per nine innings across eight games this season, while giving up a batting average of .216 to his opponents.
- Nola heads into this matchup with four quality starts under his belt this season.
- Nola is looking for his seventh straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.3 frames per appearance on the mound.
- The opposing Dodgers offense has a collective .246 batting average, and is 11th in the league with 309 total hits and first in MLB action with 207 runs scored. It has the seventh-ranked slugging percentage (.410) and ranks 13th in home runs (39) in all of MLB.
- Nola has a 2.57 ERA and a 0.857 WHIP against the Dodgers this season in seven innings pitched, allowing a .174 batting average over one appearance.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 28-year-old ranks 36th in ERA (3.64), 11th in WHIP (.979), and ninth in K/9 (10.5).
Dodgers Starter Mitch White
- The Dodgers will send out White for his first start of the season.
- The 27-year-old right-hander will make his first start after coming out of the bullpen five times this campaign.
- He has an ERA of 4.82, a batting average against of .235 and 10.6 strikeouts per nine innings in five games this season.
- The Phillies rank third in MLB with a .250 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks third in the league (.413) and 45 home runs.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have been favorites in 23 games this season and won 11 (47.8%) of those contests.
- Philadelphia has a record of 8-11, a 42.1% win rate, when favored by -125 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The implied probability of a win from the Phillies, based on the moneyline, is 55.6%.
- Games involving Philadelphia have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 19 of 39 chances this season.
- The Phillies are 19-20-0 against the spread in their 39 chances this season.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have yet to play a game this season while named as the underdog.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Los Angeles this season with a +105 moneyline set for this game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Dodgers have a 48.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Los Angeles and their opponents have hit the over in 20 of their 43 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Dodgers have posted a record of 25-18-0 against the spread this season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryce Harper leads the Phillies with nine home runs and 27 runs batted in, while putting up a team-high batting average of .305.
- Harper is 10th in homers and 11th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Harper carries a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .450 with seven doubles, five home runs, four walks and 12 RBI.
- Jean Segura is batting .293 with three doubles, six home runs and nine walks.
- Segura is 41st in home runs and 123rd in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .234 with seven doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 17 walks.
- Nicholas Castellanos has nine doubles, five home runs and 12 walks while hitting .264.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Mookie Betts has racked up a team-best eight home runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Betts ranks 18th in homers and 49th in RBI.
- Betts takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with three doubles, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Freddie Freeman’s .322 batting average leads his team.
- Freeman ranks 121st in home runs and 35th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Trea Turner has driven in a team-high 29 runs batted in.
- Justin Turner has driven in the most runs for the Dodgers with 29 runs batted in.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Dodgers
Our best bet is the Dodgers on the moneyline at +105 after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price