The Philadelphia Phillies (5-8), led by Kyle Schwarber on a two-game home run streak, are -151 favorites on the moneyline to defeat Rowdy Tellez (homers in two straight contests) and the Milwaukee Brewers (8-6). First pitch is at 4:05 PM ET on Saturday, live from Citizens Bank Park. Zack Wheeler will get the ball for Philadelphia while Milwaukee counter with Adrian Houser.
Table of Contents
Phillies vs. Brewers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Brewers
Our computer pick: Milwaukee Brewers (+129) and Over (8)
Phillies vs. Brewers Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Zack Wheeler
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Adrian Houser
- Game Day: Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Philadelphia Phillies vs Milwaukee Brewers Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Zack Wheeler
- Wheeler (0-2) pitches for the Phillies to make his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday against the Miami Marlins, when he went three innings, allowing seven earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of .303 against him this season. He has a 9.39 ERA and 7.0 strikeouts per nine innings over his two games.
- The opposing Brewers offense has a collective .205 batting average, and is 22nd in the league with 90 total hits and 20th in MLB action with 48 runs scored. It has the 22nd-ranked slugging percentage (.338) and ranks 21st in home runs (10) in all of MLB.
Brewers Starter Adrian Houser
- The Brewers will send Houser to the mound for his third start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits against the St. Louis Cardinals.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 2.89, a batting average against of .229 and 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings.
- In two starts this season, Houser has lasted five or more innings one time, with an average of 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Phillies rank 18th in MLB with 51 runs scored this season. They have a .254 batting average this campaign with 15 home runs (third in the league).
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Phillies have been favored 10 times and won five of those games.
- Philadelphia has a record of 2-2 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -151 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Phillies, based on the moneyline, is 60.2%.
- So far this season, Philadelphia and its opponents have hit the over in five of their 13 games with a total.
- The Phillies have an ATS record of 5-8-0 in 13 games with a spread this season.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers were defeated in the one game they played as the underdog this season.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Milwaukee this season with a +129 moneyline set for this game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Brewers have a 43.7% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Milwaukee and their opponents have hit the over in four of their 14 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 14 games with a line this season, the Brewers have a mark of 5-9-0 against the spread.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nicholas Castellanos is batting .286 with four doubles, three home runs and four walks.
- Castellanos’ home runs put him 14th in MLB, and he is 67th in RBI.
- Bryce Harper’s nine runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Harper ranks 40th in homers and 23rd in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Harper enters this matchup looking for his fifth game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is batting .364 with two doubles, a home run and four RBI.
- Alec Bohm is hitting .409 with two doubles, a home run and four walks.
- Schwarber has hit four home runs with nine RBI. Both are team-highs.
- Schwarber has recorded at least one hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with three home runs, a walk and six RBI.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Tellez leads the Brewers with three long balls and runs batted in, driving in eight.
- Tellez’s home run total places him 14th in the big leagues, and he is 35th in RBI.
- Tellez takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .176 with a double, two home runs and four RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen’s .255 batting average leads his team.
- McCutchen is currently 204th in homers and 67th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Christian Yelich is hitting .200 with four doubles, a home run and eight walks.
- Willy Adames is batting .176 with two doubles, a home run and eight walks.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Brewers
After digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Brewers on the moneyline at +129. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price