After a four-hit game in a win over the Rockies, Johan Camargo leads the Philadelphia Phillies (4-8) as -120 favorites against the Milwaukee Brewers (8-5). Action gets underway from Citizens Bank Park at 7:05 PM ET on Friday. Philadelphia’s Ranger Suarez gets the start, and he’ll go against Milwaukee’s Freddy Peralta.
Table of Contents
Phillies vs. Brewers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Brewers
Our computer pick: Milwaukee Brewers (+100) and Over (7.5)
Phillies vs. Brewers Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Ranger Suárez
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Freddy Peralta
- Game Day: Friday, April 22, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Philadelphia Phillies vs Milwaukee Brewers Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Ranger Suárez
- Suarez (0-0) starts for the Phillies, his second of the season.
- His most recent appearance came on Monday, April 11 against the New York Mets, when the left-hander went 2 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing five hits.
- Over his one games this season, opposing hitters have a collective batting average of .357 against him. He has a 10.13 ERA and averages 3.4 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The opposing Brewers offense has a collective .208 batting average, and is 15th in the league with 85 total hits and 16th in MLB play with 46 runs scored. It has the 20th-ranked slugging percentage (.348) and ranks 15th in home runs (10) in all of MLB.
Brewers Starter Freddy Peralta
- Peralta heads to the mound for the Brewers to make his third start of the season, seeking his first win.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he threw three innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, giving up six earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 11.57, a 1.667 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 2.286 in two games this season.
- The Phillies rank 14th in MLB with 47 runs scored this season. They have a .251 batting average this campaign with 15 home runs (third in the league).
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have been favorites in nine games this season and won four (44.4%) of those contests.
- Philadelphia has entered eight games this season favored by -120 or more and is 3-5 in those contests.
- The Phillies have a 54.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Philadelphia’s games have gone over the total in five of their 12 chances.
- The Phillies are 4-8-0 ATS in their 12 games with a spread this season.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers have yet to play a game this season where they are named as the underdog.
- Oddsmakers have given Milwaukee the worst odds of winning they have seen this season with a +100 moneyline listed for this contest.
- The Brewers have an implied victory probability of 50% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Milwaukee’s games have gone over the total in four of their 13 opportunities.
- In 13 games with a line this season, the Brewers have a mark of 5-8-0 against the spread.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nicholas Castellanos has four doubles, three home runs and four walks while batting .267.
- Including all MLB hitters, Castellanos is 62nd in batting average, 61st in on-base percentage, and 23rd in slugging.
- Castellanos takes a hitting streak of three games into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with two home runs, two walks and two RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber has shown off his power as he paces his team with four home runs and nine runs batted in.
- Schwarber is fifth in homers in MLB, and 16th in RBI.
- Alec Bohm is batting .444 with two doubles, a home run and four walks.
- Bryce Harper is batting .213 with three doubles, two home runs and four walks.
- Harper has recorded at least one hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .273 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rowdy Tellez has managed a team-high three home runs and has driven in eight runs.
- Tellez’s home run total places him 12th in MLB, and he ranks 24th in RBI.
- Christian Yelich has four doubles, a home run and eight walks while hitting .195.
- Yelich is 78th overall in home runs and 56th in RBI this season.
- Andrew McCutchen paces the Brewers with a team-high batting average of .250.
- Kolten Wong is hitting .191 with a double, two triples and a walk.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Brewers
Our best bet is the Brewers on the moneyline at +100 after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price