An NL East matchup Monday features the second-place Philadelphia Phillies (2-1) hosting the first-place New York Mets (2-1). The Phillies (-145) are listed as favorites for the game, which gets underway at 6:45 PM ET from Citizens Bank Park. Philadelphia’s Ranger Suarez gets the start, and he’ll go against New York’s Taijuan Walker.
Table of Contents
Philadelphia Phillies vs. New York Mets: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Mets
Our computer pick: New York Mets (+125) and Under (9.5)
Phillies vs. Mets Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Ranger Suárez
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Taijuan Walker
- Game Day: Monday, April 11, 2022
- Game Time: 6:45 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Philadelphia Phillies vs New York Mets Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Ranger Suárez
- Suarez gets the call to start for the Phillies, his first this season.
- When he last appeared on Friday, Oct. 1, the 26-year-old southpaw started the game and went seven scoreless innings against the Miami Marlins.
- Last season he compiled an 8-5 record, a 1.36 ERA and a 1.000 WHIP over his 39 games.
Mets Starter Taijuan Walker
- Walker will make his first start of the season for the Mets.
- The 29-year-old righty last pitched Wednesday, Sept. 29 against the Miami Marlins, tossing 7 1/3 innings as the starter.
- Last season, he posted a 4.47 ERA with 146 strikeouts and 55 walks in 159 innings, finishing with a record of 7-11.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies were favorites in 91 games last season and won 49 (53.8%) of those contests.
- Philadelphia had a record of 29-21 in games where bookmakers favored them by at least -145 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 59.2% chance of a victory for the Phillies.
- Last season, Philadelphia and its opponents hit the over in 79 of their 162 games with a total.
- The Phillies had an ATS record of 59-59-0 in 118 games with a spread last season.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets were underdogs in 68 games last season and came away with the win 22 times (32.4%) in those contests.
- Last season, New York came away with a win eight times in 29 chances when named as an underdog of +125 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Mets have a 44.4% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with New York went over the total set by sportsbooks in 66 of 157 chances last season.
- The Mets posted a record of 48-66-0 against the spread last season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryce Harper had a batting average of .309, while hitting 35 home runs last season.
- Nicholas Castellanos had 100 RBI while batting .309.
- Jean Segura hit .290 last season with 27 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 39 walks.
- Kyle Schwarber hit .266 with 19 doubles, 32 home runs and 64 walks.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Pete Alonso racked up 37 home runs and had 94 runs batted in last season.
- Eduardo Escobar had 26 doubles, five triples, 28 home runs and 48 walks while hitting .253.
- Starling Marte accumulated 145 hits with a batting average of .310 last season.
- Mark Canha hit .231 with 22 doubles, four triples, 17 home runs and 77 walks.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Mets
After digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Mets on the moneyline at +125. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price