The Philadelphia Phillies (3-8) will try to put a stop to their current three-game losing streak when they visit the Colorado Rockies (8-3) at 3:10 PM ET Wednesday. Oddsmakers consider the Phillies to be -116 favorites to end their skid, while the Rockies are -102 underdogs looking for the upset. Zach Eflin will get the ball for Philadelphia while Colorado counter with German Marquez.
Table of Contents
Philadelphia Phillies vs. Colorado Rockies: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (-102) and Under (11)
Phillies vs. Rockies Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Zach Eflin
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Germán Márquez
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Philadelphia Phillies vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Zach Eflin
- Eflin (0-1) pitches for the Phillies to make his third start this season.
- In his most recent time out on Friday, the right-hander threw four innings against the Miami Marlins, giving up four earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- He has a 4.50 ERA and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are batting .267 against him over his two appearances this season.
- He will face a Rockies offense that ranks second in the league with 56 runs while batting .278 as a squad. It has a collective .447 slugging percentage (second in MLB play) and has hit a total of 12 home runs (sixth in MLB).
Rockies Starter Germán Márquez
- Marquez will get the start for the Rockies, his third of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw 4 1/3 innings, giving up four earned runs while allowing 10 hits against the Chicago Cubs.
- He has pitched to a 3.97 ERA this season with 6.4 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 0.8 walks per nine across two games.
- He has earned a quality start one time in two starts this season.
- Marquez has started two games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings one time. He averages 5.2 innings per appearance.
- The Phillies have scored 38 runs this season, which ranks 21st in MLB. They are batting .244 for the campaign with 11 home runs, eighth in the league.
- The 27-year-old’s 3.97 ERA ranks 34th, 1.235 WHIP ranks 32nd, and 6.4 K/9 ranks 40th among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Phillies have won three out of the eight games in which they’ve been favored.
- Philadelphia has a record of 3-5 when favored by -116 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win from the Phillies, based on the moneyline, is 53.7%.
- So far this season, Philadelphia and its opponents have hit the over in four of their 11 games with a total.
- The Phillies are 3-8-0 ATS in their 11 games with a spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have been victorious in six of the seven contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Colorado has a win-loss record of 6-1 when favored by -102 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Rockies have an implied victory probability of 50.5% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Contests with Colorado have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in three of 11 chances this season.
- The Rockies have posted a record of 7-4-0 against the spread this season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- J.T. Realmuto’s .378 average leads the Phillies this year. His resume also includes one home run and driven in two RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Realmuto ranks 76th in home runs and 197th in RBI.
- Realmuto has collected a hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .500 with a double and two walks.
- Bryce Harper has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with eight RBI.
- Harper ranks 26th in homers and 18th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Harper carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with two doubles, a home run and six RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos is hitting .220 with four doubles, two home runs and three walks.
- Castellanos has at least one base hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .167 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins has four doubles, a triple, a home run and seven walks while hitting .235.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron has put up a team-high six home runs and has driven in 14 runs.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Cron’s home run total ranks first and his RBI tally ranks second.
- Connor Joe is hitting .349 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs and seven walks.
- Joe is currently 26th in homers and 97th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Kris Bryant has racked up a team-best batting average of .359.
- Elias Diaz is hitting .306 with three doubles, a home run and a walk.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Rockies
We have the Rockies on the moneyline at -102 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 11 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price