Seeking their fourth win of the year, the Philadelphia Phillies (3-7) are favorites (-126) on the moneyline when they take on the Colorado Rockies (7-3) Tuesday at 8:40 PM ET. Philadelphia’s Kyle Gibson gets the start, and he’ll go against Colorado’s Kyle Freeland.
Table of Contents
Philadelphia Phillies vs. Colorado Rockies: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+108) and Under (11)
Phillies vs. Rockies Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Kyle Gibson
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Kyle Freeland
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Philadelphia Phillies vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Kyle Gibson
- Gibson (1-1) gets the starting nod for the Phillies, his third this season.
- In his last time out on Thursday, the right-hander tossed 4 2/3 innings against the Miami Marlins, giving up four earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In two appearances this season, he has a 3.09 ERA and 12.3 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .175 against him.
- He will face off against a Rockies offense that ranks first in MLB with 95 total hits (on a .279 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .455 (second in MLB) with 11 total home runs (sixth in MLB).
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 34-year-old ranks 29th in ERA (3.09), 16th in WHIP (.857), and seventh in K/9 (12.3).
Rockies Starter Kyle Freeland
- The Rockies will send Freeland to the mound for his third start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Friday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, giving up five earned runs while allowing nine hits against the Chicago Cubs.
- He has an ERA of 10.00, a batting average against of .350 and 7.0 strikeouts per nine innings in two games this season.
- In two starts this season, Freeland has lasted five or more innings one time, with an average of 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Phillies rank 13th in MLB with a .235 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks ninth in the league (.395) and 10 home runs.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have won three of the seven games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Philadelphia has entered seven games this season favored by -126 or more and is 3-4 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 55.8% chance of a victory for the Phillies.
- Philadelphia’s games have gone over the total in four of their 10 chances.
- The Phillies are 3-7-0 ATS in their 10 games with a spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have been underdogs in six games this season and have come away with the win five times (83.3%) in those contests.
- This season, Colorado has been victorious five times in six chances when named as an underdog of at least +108 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a 48.1% chance of walking away with the win.
- Colorado and its opponents have gone over the total this season in three of their 10 opportunities.
- The Rockies have an against the spread mark of 6-4-0 in 10 games with a line this season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Phillies best power option comes in the form of Bryce Harper and his two-homer seven-RBI season, both team highs.
- Harper’s home runs rank him 21st in MLB, and he is 23rd in RBI.
- Harper brings a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos’ two home runs pace his team.
- Castellanos ranks 21st in home runs and 55th in RBI on the year.
- Castellanos enters this game looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is batting .278 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto paces the Phillies with a team-high batting average of .333.
- Realmuto is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is batting .450 with a double and two walks.
- Rhys Hoskins has four doubles, a home run and seven walks while hitting .233.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron paces the Rockies in home runs (five) and runs batted in (10).
- Among all hitters in MLB, Cron’s home run total ranks first and his RBI tally ranks fifth.
- Connor Joe’s .359 batting average paces his team.
- Joe ranks 21st in home runs and 89th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Kris Bryant has four doubles and three walks while hitting .343.
- Elias Diaz is batting .303 with three doubles and a home run.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Rockies
After analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +108. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 11 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price