Seeking their fourth win of the year, the Philadelphia Phillies (3-6) are favorites (-161) on the moneyline when they take on the Colorado Rockies (6-3) Monday at 8:40 PM ET. Philadelphia’s Aaron Nola and Colorado’s Chad Kuhl have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Philadelphia Phillies vs. Colorado Rockies: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+139) and Under (11)
Phillies vs. Rockies Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Aaron Nola
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Chad Kuhl
- Game Day: Monday, April 18, 2022
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Philadelphia Phillies vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Aaron Nola
- The Phillies will send Nola (1-1) to make his third start of the season.
- In his last time out on Wednesday, the right-hander threw 3 1/3 innings against the New York Mets, giving up three earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- In two games this season, he has put up a 6.75 ERA and averages 11.6 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .206 against him.
- He meets a Rockies offense that ranks third in the league with 46 runs while batting .277 as a unit. It has a collective .447 slugging percentage (third in MLB play) and has hit a total of 10 home runs (seventh in MLB).
- The 28-year-old’s 6.75 ERA ranks 63rd, 1.071 WHIP ranks 31st, and 11.6 K/9 ranks 10th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Rockies Starter Chad Kuhl
- Kuhl will take to the mound for the Rockies, his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he threw 4 1/3 innings against the Texas Rangers, giving up one earned run.
- He has an ERA of 2.08, a 1.25 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.385 in one games this season.
- The Phillies have scored 32 runs this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB. They are batting .242 for the campaign with 10 home runs, seventh in the league.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have entered the game as favorites six times this season and won three of those games.
- Philadelphia has entered three games this season favored by -161 or more and is 2-1 in those contests.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Phillies have a 61.7% chance to win.
- Games involving Philadelphia have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in four of nine chances this season.
- The Phillies have an ATS record of 3-6-0 in nine games with a spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have come away with four wins in the five contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Colorado has been listed as an underdog of +139 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The Rockies have an implied victory probability of 41.8% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Colorado and their opponents have gone over in three of their nine games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rockies have an against the spread record of 5-4-0 in nine games with a line this season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nicholas Castellanos leads the Phillies with two homers on the year. He’s also hitting .273 with five RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Castellanos is 20th in home runs and 52nd in RBI.
- Castellanos carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .333 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Bryce Harper has hit two home runs with seven RBI. Both lead his team.
- Harper ranks 20th in homers and 20th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Harper has two straight games with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .300 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto has racked up a team-high batting average of .345.
- Realmuto will look to build on his three-game hitting in this game. In his last five games he is batting .450 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Jean Segura has put his power on display as he paces his team with two home runs.
- Segura brings a five-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with two home runs and two RBI.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron has posted a team-leading five home runs and has driven in 10 runs.
- Cron is first in homers and fifth in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Connor Joe’s .361 batting average leads his team.
- Joe ranks 20th in homers and 81st in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Kris Bryant has four doubles and three walks while batting .343.
- Elias Diaz has three doubles and a home run while batting .345.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Rockies
Our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +139 after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will under the total of 11 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price