Following a four-hit effort in a loss to the Guardians, Brian Serven leads the Colorado Rockies (27-37) into action as +133 underdogs against the San Diego Padres (41-24). The game gets underway from Coors Field at 8:40 PM ET on Friday. San Diego’s MacKenzie Gore gets the start, and he’ll go against Colorado’s Kyle Freeland.
Table of Contents
Padres vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+133) and Under (11.5)
Padres vs. Rockies Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: MacKenzie Gore
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Kyle Freeland
- Game Day: Friday, June 17, 2022
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
San Diego Padres vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter MacKenzie Gore
- Gore (4-2 with a 2.50 ERA and 60 strikeouts in 50 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Padres, his 10th of the season.
- The lefty’s most recent time out was on Sunday against the Colorado Rockies, when he threw 2 1/3 innings, surrendering six earned runs while allowing five hits.
- In 10 games this season, the 23-year-old has a 2.50 ERA and 10.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .214 to his opponents.
- Gore has three quality starts under his belt this season.
- Gore heads into the game with eight outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
- He will face a Rockies offense that ranks 12th in the league with 284 runs while batting .258 as a squad. It has a collective .389 slugging percentage (17th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 54 home runs (23rd in MLB).
- Gore has pitched 2 1/3 innings, giving up six earned runs on five hits while striking out three against the Rockies this season.
Rockies Starter Kyle Freeland
- Freeland (2-5) will take to the mound for the Rockies and make his 13th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw 6 2/3 innings against the San Diego Padres, giving up two earned runs while allowing three hits.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 4.39 ERA this season with 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3 walks per nine across 12 games.
- He’s looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Freeland has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Padres have scored 309 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB. They are batting .243 for the campaign with 54 home runs, 23rd in the league.
- The Padres have gone 3-for-20 with two doubles and two RBI in six innings this season against the left-hander.
- Among qualified pitchers this campaign, the 29-year-old’s 4.39 ERA ranks 50th, 1.416 WHIP ranks 55th, and 6.6 K/9 ranks 52nd.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have been favorites in 44 games this season and won 28 (63.6%) of those contests.
- San Diego has a record of 16-6, a 72.7% win rate, when favored by -156 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win from the Padres, based on the moneyline, is 60.9%.
- So far this season, San Diego and its opponents have hit the over in 30 of their 66 games with a total.
- The Padres are 36-30-0 ATS in their 66 games with a spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have come away with 18 wins in the 49 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Colorado has come away with a win eight times in 26 chances when named as an underdog of at least +133 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rockies have a 42.9% chance of pulling out a win.
- Colorado and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 33 of their 65 opportunities.
- In 65 games with a line this season, the Rockies have a mark of 31-34-0 against the spread.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado paces the Padres with 11 home runs and 43 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-best batting average of .328.
- Including all MLB hitters, Machado ranks sixth in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage, and 11th in slugging.
- Machado brings a hitting streak of two games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .409 with a home run, three walks and six RBI.
- Jurickson Profar is hitting .253 with 16 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 35 walks.
- Profar is 59th in home runs and 34th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Profar carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with three doubles, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .246 with 16 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 29 walks.
- Cronenworth is on a four-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .476 with four doubles, three walks and four RBI.
- Eric Hosmer is batting .284 with 12 doubles, four home runs and 22 walks.
- Hosmer has recorded at least one hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a double, three walks and four RBI.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron has managed a team-high 14 home runs and has driven in 44 runs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Cron is 16th in home runs and ninth in RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .259 with 11 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 17 walks.
- Blackmon ranks 42nd among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 43rd in RBI.
- Connor Joe has 10 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 32 walks while batting .269.
- Brendan Rodgers is batting .252 with 12 doubles, six home runs and 14 walks.
Betting Tips for Padres vs. Rockies
After taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +133. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 11.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price