Seeking their 12th win of the year, the San Diego Padres (11-7) are favorites (-175) on the moneyline when they take on the Cincinnati Reds (3-14) Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET. MacKenzie Gore will get the ball for San Diego while Cincinnati counter with Vladimir Gutierrez.
Table of Contents
Padres vs. Reds Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Reds
Our computer pick: Cincinnati Reds (+150) and Over (8.5)
Padres vs. Reds Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: MacKenzie Gore
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Vladimir Gutierrez
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
San Diego Padres vs Cincinnati Reds Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter MacKenzie Gore
- The Padres are sending Gore (1-0) out to make his third start of the season.
- His most recent appearance was on Wednesday against the Cincinnati Reds, when the left-hander went five scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- In two appearances this season, he has put up a 1.74 ERA and averages 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .194 against him.
- Gore is looking for his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance on the hill.
- He will face a Reds offense that is hitting .189 as a unit (29th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .285 (30th in MLB) with 10 total home runs (28th in MLB).
- Gore has a 0.00 ERA and a 1.200 WHIP against the Reds this season in five innings pitched, allowing a .222 batting average over one appearance.
Reds Starter Vladimir Gutierrez
- The Reds will send Gutierrez (0-3) to the mound for his fourth start this season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs in 4 2/3 innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the San Diego Padres.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 5.54, 6.2 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .277 in three games this season.
- The Padres are batting .227 this season, 19th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .363 (15th in the league) with 15 home runs.
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Padres in one game, and they have gone 2-for-14 with a double, a home run and three RBI over 4 2/3 innings.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have won nine, or 75%, of the 12 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- San Diego is undefeated in three games this season when favored by -175 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 63.6% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- So far this season, San Diego and its opponents have hit the over in six of their 18 games with a total.
- The Padres are 11-7-0 against the spread this season.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds have won in three, or 21.4%, of the 14 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Cincinnati has a win-loss record of 2-9 when favored by +150 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The Reds have an implied victory probability of 40% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Cincinnati have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in eight of 17 chances this season.
- In 17 games with a line this season, the Reds have a mark of 5-12-0 against the spread.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado gets on base at a .434 clip while slugging .561, both marks that lead the Padres. He also has the team high in base hits with 23.
- Machado is 28th in homers and 29th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Jurickson Profar has hit four home runs with 12 runs batted in. Both pace his team.
- Profar ranks 10th in homers and 13th in RBI on the year.
- Profar has two straight games with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .211 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Eric Hosmer has put up a team-best batting average of .390.
- Hosmer has at least one base hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .389 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .210 with a double, two triples, a home run and 11 walks.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- Tyler Naquin has driven in the most runs for the Reds with seven runs batted in.
- Naquin ranks 116th in home runs and 95th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Kyle Farmer has seven runs batted in while batting .237. Each is tops on the club.
- Farmer is 238th in home runs and 95th in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Tommy Pham has two home runs, best in the lineup.
- Brandon Drury has racked up a team-best two home runs.
Betting Tips for Padres vs. Reds
We have the Reds on the moneyline at +150 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price