Seeking their 11th win of the year, the San Diego Padres (10-7) are favorites (-160) on the moneyline when they take on the Cincinnati Reds (3-13) Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET. San Diego’s Joe Musgrove and Cincinnati’s Reiver Sanmartin have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Padres vs. Reds Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Reds
Our computer pick: Cincinnati Reds (+140) and Over (8)
Padres vs. Reds Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Joe Musgrove
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Reiver Sanmartin
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 26, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
San Diego Padres vs Cincinnati Reds Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Joe Musgrove
- Musgrove (2-0) gets the starting nod for the Padres in his fourth start of the season. He has a 1.89 ERA in 19 innings pitched, with 21 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the Cincinnati Reds, when he went 6 1/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 1.89, with 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opponents are hitting .191 against him.
- Musgrove is trying to prolong a third-game quality start streak in this game.
- Musgrove will try to build on a four-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.1 frames per outing).
- He meets a Reds offense that ranks 29th in the league with 43 runs while batting .186 as a squad. It has a collective .277 slugging percentage (30th in MLB action) and has hit a total of nine home runs (28th in MLB).
- Head-to-head against the Reds this season, Musgrove has pitched 6 1/3 innings, giving up two earned runs on four hits while striking out seven.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 29-year-old ranks 12th in ERA (1.89), third in WHIP (.737), and 14th in K/9 (9.9).
Reds Starter Reiver Sanmartin
- Sanmartin will get the start for the Reds, his third of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings against the San Diego Padres, giving up five earned runs.
- He has pitched in three games this season with an ERA of 7.11, a 1.333 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.579.
- Sanmartin has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Padres have scored 67 runs this season, which ranks 13th in MLB. They have 120 hits, 17th in baseball, with 13 home runs (17th in the league).
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Padres in one game, and they have gone 8-for-23 with three doubles, a home run and five RBI over 5 1/3 innings.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have entered the game as favorites 11 times this season and won eight, or 72.7%, of those games.
- San Diego has been at least a -160 moneyline favorite five times this season and won each of those games.
- The implied probability of a win from the Padres, based on the moneyline, is 61.5%.
- So far this season, San Diego and its opponents have hit the over in five of their 17 games with a total.
- The Padres are 10-7-0 against the spread this season.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds have won in three, or 23.1%, of the 13 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Cincinnati has a win-loss record of 2-9 when favored by +140 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Reds have a 41.7% chance of walking away with the win.
- Cincinnati and their opponents have hit the over in seven of their 16 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Reds are 5-11-0 against the spread in their 16 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado leads the Padres in OBP, slugging, and hits, getting on base at a rate of .423 while slugging .565 and racking up 21 base hits.
- Including all MLB hitters, Machado is 19th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage, and 20th in slugging.
- Jurickson Profar has shown his power as he leads his team with four home runs and 11 RBI.
- Profar is 10th in home runs and 17th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Profar carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Eric Hosmer has a team-best batting average of .375.
- Hosmer is on a four-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is batting .368 with a double and two RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth is hitting .193 with a double, a triple, a home run and 11 walks.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- Tyler Naquin is batting .250 with four doubles, a home run and four walks.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Naquin’s home run total is 108th and his RBI tally ranks 107th.
- Kyle Farmer’s seven runs batted in and .236 batting average both lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Farmer is 232nd in home runs and 84th in RBI.
- Tommy Pham has two home runs, best in the lineup.
- Brandon Drury has swatted a team- leading two long balls.
Betting Tips for Padres vs. Reds
Our best bet is the Reds on the moneyline at +140 after analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price