The San Diego Padres (44-27) host the Philadelphia Phillies (36-34) at 9:40 PM ET Thursday in a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. Manny Machado is batting .328 this year (fourth in the league) for the favored Padres (-154), while Bryce Harper ranks eighth in the majors with a .326 average for the underdog Phillies. Neither team has named a starting pitcher for the contest.
Table of Contents
Padres vs. Phillies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Phillies
We have the Phillies on the moneyline at +131 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Our computer pick: Philadelphia Phillies (+131) and Over (7)
Padres vs. Phillies Game Info
- Game Day: Thursday, June 23, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Padres have been favored 50 times and won 31, or 62%, of those games.
- San Diego is 18-6 this season when entering a game favored by -154 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 60.6% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- San Diego and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 32 of their 72 opportunities.
- The Padres are 38-34-0 against the spread in their 72 chances this season.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have come away with 10 wins in the 25 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Philadelphia has been victorious four times in seven chances when named as an underdog of at least +131 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Phillies have an implied victory probability of 43.3% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Philadelphia’s games have gone over the total in 39 of their 70 opportunities.
- The Phillies have an against the spread record of 35-35-0 in 70 games with a line this season.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Machado’s 12 long balls and 46 RBI both lead the Padres, on top of his team-high .328 average.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Machado’s home run total places him 39th, and his RBI tally puts him 13th.
- Jurickson Profar has 16 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 39 walks while hitting .255.
- Including all major league hitters, Profar ranks 79th in home runs and 34th in RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth is hitting .250 with 18 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 31 walks.
- Eric Hosmer is hitting .274 with 12 doubles, five home runs and 24 walks.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Harper has put up a team-high batting average of .326 while pacing the Phillies in runs batted in with a mark of 48.
- In all of MLB, Harper is 17th in homers and 10th in RBI.
- Harper takes a hitting streak of seven games into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .438 with two doubles, eight walks and three RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber has a team-best 19 home runs.
- Schwarber is fifth in homers and 32nd in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Rhys Hoskins has 12 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 33 walks while batting .251.
- Nicholas Castellanos has 17 doubles, seven home runs and 21 walks while batting .245.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price