The Cleveland Guardians (10-12) will put their three-game win streak to the test when they host the San Diego Padres (15-8) Tuesday at 6:10 PM ET. Bookmakers consider the Padres to be -150 favorites, while the Guardians are +130 underdogs to keep their streak alive. San Diego’s Mike Clevinger gets the start, and he’ll go against Cleveland’s Zach Plesac.
Table of Contents
Padres vs. Guardians Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+130) and Over (7.5)
Padres vs. Guardians Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Mike Clevinger
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Zach Plesac
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
San Diego Padres vs Cleveland Guardians Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Mike Clevinger
- Clevinger will make his first start of the season for the Padres.
- The 31-year-old right-hander makes his season debut and his first appearance in more than a year.
- The Guardians are ninth in MLB play with 101 runs scored this season, and are batting .251 with 20 home runs (15th in baseball).
Guardians Starter Zach Plesac
- The Guardians will hand the ball to Plesac (1-2) for his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw 3 2/3 innings against the Los Angeles Angels, giving up six earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 3.80, a 3 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.313 in four games this season.
- In four starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in one of them.
- In four starts this season, Plesac has lasted five or more innings three times, with an average of 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Padres rank 16th in MLB with a .234 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 17th in the league (.376) and 21 home runs.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have entered the game as favorites 17 times this season and won 13, or 76.5%, of those games.
- San Diego has a record of 9-1 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -150 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Padres have a 60% chance to win.
- So far this season, San Diego and its opponents have hit the over in 10 of their 23 games with a total.
- The Padres are 15-8-0 ATS in their 23 games with a spread this season.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have been underdogs in 15 games this season and have come away with the win five times (33.3%) in those contests.
- This season, Cleveland has been victorious one time in seven chances when named as an underdog of at least +130 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Guardians have a 43.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Cleveland have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 12 of 23 chances this season.
- The Guardians have posted a record of 11-12-0 against the spread this season.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado has been the Padres top run producer this season, leading the team with 16 RBI while hitting .375 with four home runs.
- Including all MLB hitters, Machado ranks second in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage, and eighth in slugging.
- Machado carries a seven-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .389 with two doubles, a home run, six walks and six RBI.
- Eric Hosmer is batting .382 to pace his team.
- Hosmer ranks 51st in homers and 21st in RBI on the season.
- Hosmer has two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .353 with two home runs, five walks and six RBI.
- Jurickson Profar leads the Padres with five home runs.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .214 with two doubles, two triples, two home runs and 14 walks.
- Cronenworth has recorded at least one hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .227 with a double, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez leads the Guardians with seven home runs and 28 runs batted in, while recording a team-best batting average of .341.
- Ramirez’s home run total places him second in the majors, and he ranks first in RBI.
- Myles Straw is hitting .289 with five doubles, a triple and 14 walks.
- Straw ranks 263rd in home runs and 265th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Owen Miller is hitting .377 with nine doubles, two home runs and eight walks.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .340 with five doubles, a triple and nine walks.
Betting Tips for Padres vs. Guardians
We have the Guardians on the moneyline at +130 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price