The San Diego Padres (37-24) are favored on the moneyline (-134) in Monday’s contest against the Chicago Cubs (23-36). Game time is at 8:05 PM ET. The Cubs, with odds, are favored against the spread (). Yu Darvish starts for San Diego while Justin Steele is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Padres vs. Cubs Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Cubs
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (+113)
Padres vs. Cubs Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Yu Darvish
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Justin Steele
- Game Day: Monday, June 13, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
San Diego Padres vs Chicago Cubs Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Yu Darvish
- Darvish (5-3) gets the starting nod for the Padres in his 12th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.61 ERA in 67 1/3 innings pitched, with 54 strikeouts.
- His last time out was on Wednesday against the New York Mets, when the right-hander went 7 2/3 scoreless innings while giving up two hits.
- The 35-year-old has a 3.61 ERA and 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings in 11 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .216 to his opponents.
- Darvish has registered eight quality starts this season.
- Darvish will try to pitch five or more innings for his 10th straight appearance. He’s averaging 6.0 frames per outing.
- He will face a Cubs offense that ranks 21st in the league with 253 runs while batting .242 as a squad. It has a collective .394 slugging percentage (14th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 59 home runs (16th in MLB).
- The 35-year-old’s 3.61 ERA ranks 38th, 1.010 WHIP ranks 13th, and 7.2 K/9 ranks 49th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Cubs Starter Justin Steele
- Steele (1-5) will take to the mound for the Cubs and make his 12th start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Sunday, June 5, when he gave up one earned run and allowed seven hits in 7 2/3 innings against the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 4.79 and 9 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .257 in 11 games this season.
- He has two quality starts in 11 chances this season.
- Steele will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Padres have scored 268 runs this season, which ranks 12th in MLB. They have 480 hits, 14th in baseball, with 47 home runs (26th in the league).
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have won 25, or 61%, of the 41 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- San Diego has a record of 17-11 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -134 on the moneyline.
- The Padres have a 57.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving San Diego have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 28 of 62 chances this season.
- The Padres are 32-30-0 against the spread in their 62 chances this season.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs have been underdogs in 41 games this season and have come away with the win 16 times (39%) in those contests.
- This season, Chicago has been victorious nine times in 26 chances when named as an underdog of at least +113 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Cubs have an implied victory probability of 46.9% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Chicago’s games have gone over the total in 30 of their 59 opportunities.
- The Cubs have an against the spread record of 31-28-0 in 59 games with a line this season.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado leads the Padres with 10 home runs and 37 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-best batting average of .323.
- Machado’s home runs put him 37th in the majors, and he ranks 19th in RBI.
- Jurickson Profar is batting .248 with 13 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 32 walks.
- Profar is 68th in homers in MLB, and 35th in RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth is hitting .221 with 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 26 walks.
- Eric Hosmer has 11 doubles, four home runs and 19 walks while hitting .282.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ian Happ paces the Cubs with a .275 batting average.
- Happ’s home run total places him 68th in MLB, and he ranks 59th in RBI.
- Willson Contreras has 10 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 25 walks while batting .267.
- Contreras is 37th in home runs and 123rd in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Patrick Wisdom paces the Cubs in home runs (12) and runs batted in (31).
- Frank Schwindel has a team-high 31 runs batted in.
Betting Tips for Padres vs. Cubs
After analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Cubs on the moneyline at +113.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price