The San Diego Padres (19-10) are set to take on the Chicago Cubs (9-17) Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Padres are listed as -150 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Cubs have +130 odds for the contest. San Diego’s Mike Clevinger and Chicago’s Wade Miley have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Padres vs. Cubs Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Cubs
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (+130) and Over (7.5)
Padres vs. Cubs Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Mike Clevinger
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Wade Miley
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
San Diego Padres vs Chicago Cubs Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Mike Clevinger
- Clevinger (0-0) gets the start for the Padres, his second of the season.
- His last time out was on Wednesday against the Cleveland Guardians, when the righty tossed 4 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In one games this season, he has a 5.79 ERA and 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .222 against him.
- The opposing Cubs offense has the 17th-ranked slugging percentage (.367) and is 23rd in MLB play with 20 home runs. It has a collective .233 batting average, and is 23rd in MLB with 197 total hits and 21st in MLB play scoring 102 runs.
Cubs Starter Wade Miley
- Miley will make his first start of the season for the Cubs.
- The left-hander is making his first start of the year. The 35-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Padres have scored 127 runs this season, which ranks seventh in MLB. They are batting .223 for the campaign with 25 home runs, 14th in the league.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have won 16, or 66.7%, of the 24 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- San Diego has entered 12 games this season favored by -150 or more and is 10-2 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 60% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- Games involving San Diego have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 14 of 31 chances this season.
- The Padres are 16-15-0 ATS in their 31 games with a spread this season.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs have been chosen as underdogs in 21 games this year and have walked away with the win eight times (38.1%) in those games.
- This season, Chicago has come away with a win five times in 11 chances when named as an underdog of at least +130 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cubs have a 43.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Chicago have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 13 of 27 chances this season.
- The Cubs have posted a record of 13-14-0 against the spread this season.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado paces the Padres in home runs (seven), runs batted in (21) and has put up a team-high batting average of .385.
- Machado’s home runs put him sixth in MLB, and he is seventh in RBI.
- Machado brings a hitting streak of five games into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .471 with two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
- Eric Hosmer has eight doubles, three home runs and 13 walks while batting .351.
- Hosmer is 71st in home runs and 19th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Hosmer carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is batting .222 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Jurickson Profar is hitting .170 with five doubles, five home runs and 18 walks.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .208 with two doubles, two triples, two home runs and 17 walks.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Seiya Suzuki has put up a team-high 15 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Suzuki is 41st in home runs and 37th in RBI.
- Willson Contreras is hitting .256 with six doubles, a triple, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Contreras is 71st overall in home runs and 137th in RBI this year.
- Ian Happ is batting .263 with three doubles, two home runs and 15 walks.
- Patrick Wisdom paces the Cubs in home runs (five) and runs batted in (15).
Betting Tips for Padres vs. Cubs
We have the Cubs on the moneyline at +130 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price