The Baltimore Orioles (10-15) will look to Ryan Mountcastle, who is coming off a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Kansas City Royals (8-15) Saturday at 7:05 PM ET. The Orioles are -125 favorites for the contest, according to bookmakers. Baltimore’s Jordan Lyles gets the start, and he’ll go against Kansas City’s Daniel Lynch.
Table of Contents
Orioles vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Orioles vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+105) and Over (8)
Orioles vs. Royals Game Info
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Jordan Lyles
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Daniel Lynch
- Game Day: Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Baltimore Orioles vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Orioles Starter Jordan Lyles
- Lyles makes the start for the Orioles, his fifth of the season. He is 2-1 with a 2.95 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 21 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out was on Sunday against the Boston Red Sox, when the right-hander threw six innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing seven hits.
- The 31-year-old has a 2.95 ERA and 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings across four games this season, while allowing a batting average of .305 to opposing hitters.
- Lyles will look to build upon a five-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 frames per appearance).
- He will face off against a Royals team that is batting .219 as a unit (27th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .320 (28th in MLB) with 13 total home runs (29th in MLB).
Royals Starter Daniel Lynch
- Lynch (2-1) will take the mound for the Royals, his fifth start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw five innings against the New York Yankees, giving up three earned runs while allowing four hits.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 3.86, a 4 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.143 in four games this season.
- He has started four games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- Lynch has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Orioles are batting .226 this season, 22nd in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .340 (25th in the league) with 16 home runs.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- This is the first time the Orioles will play as favorites this season.
- Baltimore has not entered a game this season with shorter moneyline odds than -125.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Orioles have a 55.6% chance to win.
- Baltimore and its opponents have gone over the total this season in seven of their 25 opportunities.
- The Orioles have an ATS record of 15-10-0 in 25 games with a spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have come away with six wins in the 18 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Kansas City has been victorious four times in 15 chances when named as an underdog of at least +105 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Royals have a 48.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Kansas City and their opponents have gone over in 10 of their 23 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Royals are 11-12-0 against the spread in their 23 games that had a posted line this season.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins has homered four times this season, the highest mark on the Orioles, while hitting .242 with 11 RBI.
- Of all hitters in baseball, Mullins ranks 34th in homers and 80th in RBI.
- Mullins has collected a hit in six straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .317 with five doubles, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Austin Hays is hitting .286 to pace his team.
- Hays ranks 102nd in home runs and 118th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Hays has three straight games with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Anthony Santander is hitting .241 with two doubles, two home runs and 17 walks.
- Santander will look to build on his two-game hitting in this game. In his last five games he is hitting .313 with two walks and four RBI.
- Mountcastle has shown his power as he paces his team with four home runs and 12 RBI.
- Mountcastle has recorded at least one hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with a double, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Royals are lead in runs batted in by Andrew Benintendi with a mark of 11, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .354.
- Benintendi is 173rd in homers and 80th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Bobby Witt Jr. is hitting .229 with five doubles, a triple, a home run and three walks.
- Witt Jr. is 173rd in home runs and 169th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Michael A. Taylor is batting .226 with two home runs and 10 walks.
- Hunter Dozier is batting .257 with five doubles, a triple, three home runs and two walks.
|Bobby Witt Jr.||22||.229||.264||.349||1||7||19|
|Michael A. Taylor||21||.226||.329||.323||2||7||14|
Betting Tips for Orioles vs. Royals
After digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Royals on the moneyline at +105. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price