The Baltimore Orioles (10-15) and Ryan Mountcastle (2 HR in his last game) are favored (-119) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Kansas City Royals (8-15) on Friday at 7:05 PM ET. Baltimore’s Jordan Lyles and Kansas City’s Carlos Hernandez have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Orioles vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Orioles vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+100) and Over (8)
Orioles vs. Royals Game Info
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Jordan Lyles
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Carlos Hernández
- Game Day: Friday, May 6, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Baltimore Orioles vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Orioles Starter Jordan Lyles
- Lyles makes the start for the Orioles, his fifth of the season. He is 2-1 with a 2.95 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 21 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Sunday against the Boston Red Sox, when he threw six innings, allowing one earned run while giving up seven hits.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 2.95, with 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings, in four games this season. Opponents are batting .305 against him.
- Lyles is aiming for his fifth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance on the hill.
- The opposing Royals offense has the 28th-ranked slugging percentage (.320) and is 29th in MLB play with 13 home runs. It has a collective .219 batting average, and is 27th in MLB with 166 total hits and last in MLB action scoring 70 runs.
Royals Starter Carlos Hernández
- Hernandez (0-1) will take the mound for the Royals, his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed four hits in four innings pitched against the New York Yankees on Saturday.
- The 25-year-old has pitched to a 6.00 ERA this season with 4.0 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 5.0 walks per nine across four games.
- In four starts, Hernandez has pitched through or past the fifth inning one time. He has a season average of 4.2 frames per outing.
- The Orioles have scored 80 runs this season, which ranks 26th in MLB. They have 187 hits, 19th in baseball, with 16 home runs (26th in the league).
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have not played a game this season while listed as the favorite.
- Baltimore has not been a bigger favorite this season than the -119 moneyline set for this game.
- The implied probability of a win from the Orioles, based on the moneyline, is 54.3%.
- So far this season, Baltimore and its opponents have hit the over in seven of their 25 games with a total.
- The Orioles are 15-10-0 ATS in their 25 games with a spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have come away with six wins in the 18 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Kansas City has been victorious five times in 16 chances when named as an underdog of at least +100 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Royals have an implied victory probability of 50% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Kansas City and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 10 of their 23 opportunities.
- The Royals have an against the spread mark of 11-12-0 in 23 games with a line this season.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins leads the Orioles with four home runs.
- Of all hitters in MLB, Mullins’ home run total places him 34th, and his RBI tally puts him 80th.
- Mullins has collected a hit in six straight games. In his last 10 games he is hitting .317 with five doubles, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Austin Hays has a club-high .286 batting average.
- Hays is 102nd in homers and 118th in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Hays has three games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Anthony Santander is batting .241 with two doubles, two home runs and 17 walks.
- Santander will look to build on his two-game hitting in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .313 with two walks and four RBI.
- Mountcastle has shown off his power as he paces his team with four home runs and 12 runs batted in.
- Mountcastle brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a double, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Andrew Benintendi has recorded a team-best batting average of .354 while leading the Royals in runs batted in with a mark of 11.
- Benintendi’s home run total places him 173rd in MLB, and he ranks 80th in RBI.
- Bobby Witt Jr. has five doubles, a triple, a home run and three walks while batting .229.
- Witt Jr. is currently 173rd in homers and 169th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Michael A. Taylor has two home runs and 10 walks while hitting .226.
- Hunter Dozier has five doubles, a triple, three home runs and two walks while hitting .257.
|Bobby Witt Jr.||22||.229||.264||.349||1||7||19|
|Michael A. Taylor||21||.226||.329||.323||2||7||14|
Betting Tips for Orioles vs. Royals
We have the Royals on the moneyline at +100 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price