Game 7 of the NHL Playoffs First Round showcases the Edmonton Oilers and the Los Angeles Kings playing at 10:00 PM ET on Saturday, May 14. The series record is tied up at 3-3. The Kings are underdogs away from home, at +175, and the Oilers are -215. Find more below on the Oilers vs. Kings betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Oilers vs. Kings Spread and Betting Line
Oilers vs. Kings Game Info
- Game Day: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Game Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta
- Arena: Rogers Place
Computer Predictions for Oilers vs. Kings
|Oilers (-1.5)||Under (6.5)||Oilers 4 Kings 2|
Oilers vs. Kings Betting Trends
- Edmonton has won 43 of its 64 games as a favorite this season.
- In 18 games with moneyline oddds shorter than -215, the Oilers have 14 wins.
- The moneyline odds imply that Edmonton has a 68.3% chance of winning this game.
Edmonton Oilers Leaders
- Connor McDavid is one of Edmonton’s top contributors with 123 points. He has 44 goals and 79 assists this season.
- Leon Draisaitl is contributing with 110 points (55 goals, 55 assists).
- Zach Hyman has scored 27 goals and added 27 assists through 76 games for Edmonton.
- Mikko Koskinen has a record of 27-12-4. He has conceded 136 goals (3.1 goals against average) and racked up 1261 saves with a .903 save percentage (46th in the league).
Edmonton Oilers Season Stats
- The Oilers offense’s 285 total goals (3.5 per game) are ranked seventh in the league this year.
- The Oilers are ranked 18th in league action in goals against this season, having conceded 251 total goals (3.1 per game).
- The team is ranked 11th in goal differential at +34.
- The 60 power-play goals the Oilers have recorded this season have come on 235 power-play chances, ranking them seventh-best in the NHL.
- The Oilers’ offense is third the league with a 25.5% power-play conversion rate.
- The Oilers have scored a total of 11 shorthanded goals this season.
- The Oilers rank 17th in the league in penalty-kill success rate at 79.4%.
- The Oilers win the ninth-highest percentage of faceoffs in the NHL at 51.2%.
- The Oilers shoot 10.2% as a team, ranked 11th-best in the league.
- The Oilers have yet to shut out an opponent this season, averaging 22.6 hits and 12.4 blocked shots per game.
Kings vs. Oilers Betting Trends
- The Kings have been an underdog in 52 games this season, with 21 upset wins (40.4%).
- Los Angeles has won seven of its 10 games when it is the underdog by +175 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied, based on the moneyline for this matchup, that the Kings have a 36.4% chance to win.
Los Angeles Kings Leaders
- Los Angeles’ Anze Kopitar has collected 48 assists and 19 goals in 81 games, good for 67 points.
- Adrian Kempe is pivotal for Los Angeles’ offense with 54 total points (0.7 per game), including 35 goals and 19 assists through 78 contests.
- Phillip Danault has scored 27 goals and contributed 24 assists for Los Angeles, giving him a point total of 51.
- Jonathan Quick has a 23-13-9 record this season, with a .910 save percentage (33rd in the league). In 46 games, he has 1168 saves, and has allowed 116 goals (2.6 goals against average).
Los Angeles Kings Season Stats
- The Kings have the league’s 20th-ranked scoring offense (235 total goals, 2.9 per game).
- The Kings have conceded 2.8 goals per game, 232 total, the ninth-fewest among NHL teams.
- Their +3 goal differential ranks 17th in the league.
- The Kings have scored 39 power-play goals this season (25th in the NHL) on 248 power-play chances.
- The Kings have a 15.7% power-play conversion rate, the league’s No. 27 percentage.
- The Kings have scored 11 shorthanded goals this season (third in the NHL).
- The Kings’ 22nd-ranked penalty kill rate is 76.7%.
- The Kings have the fifth-best faceoff win percentage in the NHL (52.2%).
- The Kings’ collective 8.2% shooting percentage ranks 32nd in the league.
- The Kings have not had a shutout victory yet this season.
Oilers and Kings Injury Report
Oilers: Oscar Klefbom: Out (Shoulder)
Kings: Viktor Arvidsson: Day To Day (Undisclosed), Drew Doughty: Out For Season (Wrist), Sean Walker: Out For Season (Lower body)
Betting Tips for Oilers vs. Kings
We have the Oilers listed as the best bet on the moneyline in this game, and our pick against the spread is the Oilers (-1.5). Our computer model has the scoring going under the total of 6.5 goals when it’s sorted out on the ice.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price