Thursday’s playoff slate includes the Edmonton Oilers visiting the Los Angeles Kings in Game 6 of the NHL Playoffs First Round, starting at 10:00 PM ET. The Kings are up 3-2. Oilers (-149) at Kings (+126) has a definite favorite, according to the moneyline odds. Find more below on the Oilers vs. Kings betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Oilers vs. Kings Spread and Betting Line
Oilers vs. Kings Game Info
- Game Day: Thursday, May 12, 2022
- Game Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Arena: Staples Center
Computer Predictions for Oilers vs. Kings
|Kings (+1.5)||Under (6.5)||Kings 4 Oilers 3|
Oilers vs. Kings Betting Trends
- Edmonton has gotten the victory in 42 of the 63 games it’s played as the moneyline favorite this season.
- In 44 games with lower than -149 moneyline odds this season, the Oilers have been victorious in 30.
- The moneyline odds imply that Edmonton has a 59.8% chance of winning this contest.
Edmonton Oilers Leaders
- Connor McDavid is one of Edmonton’s leading contributors with 123 points. He has 44 goals and 79 assists this season.
- Leon Draisaitl has 110 points (1.4 per game), scoring 55 goals and adding 55 assists.
- Zach Hyman has 54 total points for Edmonton, with 27 goals and 27 assists.
- Mikko Koskinen has a record of 27-12-4. He has conceded 136 goals (3.1 goals against average) and racked up 1261 saves with a .903 save percentage (46th in the league).
Edmonton Oilers Season Stats
- The Oilers offense’s 285 total goals (3.5 per game) are ranked seventh in the NHL this year.
- The Oilers are ranked 18th in NHL action in goals against this season, having allowed 251 total goals (3.1 per game).
- The team is ranked 11th in goal differential at +34.
- The 60 power-play goals the Oilers have scored this season have come on 235 power-play chances, ranking them seventh-best in the NHL.
- The Oilers’ offense ranks third the league with a 25.5% power-play conversion rate.
- The Oilers’ 11 shorthanded goals this season rank third.
- The Oilers have the league’s 17th-ranked penalty-kill percentage at 79.4%.
- The Oilers’ players win 51.2% of their faceoffs to rank ninth in the NHL.
- The Oilers shoot 10.2% as a team, ranked 11th-best in the league.
- The Oilers average 22.6 hits and 12.4 blocked shots per game.
Kings vs. Oilers Betting Trends
- This season the Kings have 21 wins in the 51 games in which they’ve been an underdog.
- Los Angeles is 15-20 when it is underdogs of +126 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied, based on the moneyline for this matchup, that the Kings have a 44.2% chance to win.
Los Angeles Kings Leaders
- Los Angeles’ Anze Kopitar has collected 48 assists and 19 goals in 81 games, good for 67 points.
- Los Angeles’ Adrian Kempe has racked up 54 total points (0.7 per game), with 35 goals and 19 assists.
- Phillip Danault has 27 goals and 24 assists for Edmonton.
- Los Angeles’ Jonathan Quick is 23-13-9 this season, compiling 1168 saves and giving up 116 goals (2.6 goals against average) with a .910 save percentage (33rd in the league).
Los Angeles Kings Season Stats
- The Kings have the league’s 20th-ranked scoring offense (235 total goals, 2.9 per game).
- The Kings have allowed 2.8 goals per game, 232 total, the ninth-fewest among NHL teams.
- They have a +3 goal differential, which ranks 17th in the league.
- The Kings have put up 39 power-play goals this season (25th in the NHL) on 248 power-play chances.
- The Kings have a 15.7% power-play conversion rate, the NHL’s No. 27 percentage.
- The Kings have scored 11 shorthanded goals this season (third in the league).
- The 76.7% penalty-kill percentage the Kings have amassed is the league’s 22nd-ranked rate.
- The Kings have the NHL’s fifth-best faceoff win rate (52.2%).
- The Kings’ collective 8.2% shooting percentage ranks 32nd in the league.
- The Kings have not had a shutout win yet this season.
Oilers and Kings Injury Report
Oilers: Oscar Klefbom: Out (Shoulder)
Kings: Viktor Arvidsson: Day To Day (Undisclosed), Drew Doughty: Out For Season (Wrist), Sean Walker: Out For Season (Lower body)
Betting Tips for Oilers vs. Kings
We have the Kings as our best bet on the moneyline in this contest, and our pick against the spread is the Kings (+1.5). Our computer model has the scoring going under the total of 6.5 goals when all is said and done.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price