Game 4 of the NHL Playoffs First Round will see the Edmonton Oilers visiting the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday, May 8 at 10:00 PM ET. The Oilers hold a 2-1 lead in the series. Oilers (-158) at Kings (+133) has a clear favorite, according to the moneyline odds. Find more below on the Oilers vs. Kings betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Oilers vs. Kings Spread and Betting Line
Oilers vs. Kings Game Info
- Game Day: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Game Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Arena: Staples Center
Computer Predictions for Oilers vs. Kings
|Kings (+1.5)||Under (6.5)||Kings 4 Oilers 3|
Oilers vs. Kings Betting Trends
- Edmonton has gotten the victory in 42 of the 61 games it’s played as the moneyline favorite this season.
- In 36 games with moneyline odds shorter than -158 this season, the Oilers have been victorious 25 times.
- The moneyline odds imply that Edmonton has a 61.2% chance of winning this contest.
Edmonton Oilers Leaders
- A top offensive player this season for Edmonton, Connor McDavid has scored 123 points in 80 games (44 goals and 79 assists).
- Leon Draisaitl is another top contributor for Edmonton with 110 points (1.4 per game), scoring 55 goals and adding 55 assists.
- Zach Hyman’s season total of 54 points has come from 27 goals and 27 assists.
- Mikko Koskinen has a record of 27-12-4. He has allowed 136 goals (3.11 goals against average) and recorded 1261 saves.
Edmonton Oilers Season Stats
- The Oilers offense’s 285 total goals (3.5 per game) are ranked seventh in the NHL this year.
- On defense, the Oilers have allowed 251 goals (3.1 per game) to rank 18th in NHL action.
- Their goal differential (+34) ranks them 11th in the league.
- The Oilers’ 60 power-play goals this season are seventh-best in the NHL (on 235 power-play chances).
- The Oilers have the league’s third-best power-play conversion rate at 25.5%.
- The Oilers have scored a total of 11 shorthanded goals this season.
- The Oilers have the league’s 17th-ranked penalty-kill percentage at 79.4%.
- The Oilers win the ninth-highest percentage of faceoffs in the NHL at 51.2%.
- The Oilers convert 10.2% of their shots, ranking 11th in the league.
- The Oilers’ players are still looking for their first shutout win this season. As a team, they are averaging 22.6 hits and 12.4 blocked shots per game.
Kings vs. Oilers Betting Trends
- This season the Kings have 19 wins in the 49 games in which they’ve been an underdog.
- Los Angeles has a record of 10-17 in games when oddsmakers list them +133 or longer on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied, based on the moneyline for this matchup, that the Kings have a 42.9% chance to win.
Los Angeles Kings Leaders
- Los Angeles’ Anze Kopitar has totaled 48 assists and 19 goals in 81 games, good for 67 points.
- Adrian Kempe has made a major impact for Los Angeles this season with 54 points, thanks to 35 goals and 19 assists.
- Los Angeles’ Phillip Danault has 51 points (27 goals, 24 assists) this season.
- Jonathan Quick has a 23-13-9 record this season, with a .910 save percentage (35th in the league). In 46 games, he has 1168 saves, and has given up 116 goals (2.6 goals against average).
Los Angeles Kings Season Stats
- The Kings’ 235 total goals (2.9 per game) rank 20th in the NHL.
- The Kings are one of the toughest defensive squads in the NHL this season, giving up 232 goals (2.8 per game) to rank ninth.
- Their 17th-ranked goal differential is +3.
- The Kings have put up 39 power-play goals this season, which ranks 25th in the NHL (on 248 power-play chances).
- The Kings have a 15.7% power-play conversion rate, the league’s No. 27 percentage.
- The Kings have scored 11 shorthanded goals.
- The Kings’ 22nd-ranked penalty kill rate is 76.7%.
- The Kings win 52.2% of their faceoffs. That’s the fifth-best percentage in the NHL.
- The Kings’ collective 8.2% shooting percentage ranks 32nd in the league.
- The Kings have not had a shutout victory yet this season.
Oilers and Kings Injury Report
Oilers: Oscar Klefbom: Out (Shoulder)
Kings: Viktor Arvidsson: Day To Day (Undisclosed), Drew Doughty: Out For Season (Wrist), Sean Walker: Out For Season (Lower body)
Betting Tips for Oilers vs. Kings
The Kings on the moneyline (133) is our best bet after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will be under the total of 6.5 goals, with the Kings (+1.5) covering the spread.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price