The Edmonton Oilers host the Los Angeles Kings in Game 2 of the NHL Playoffs First Round at Rogers Place on Wednesday, May 4, beginning at 10:00 PM ET. The Kings are on top 1-0 in the series. The Kings are underdogs on the road, at +158, and the Oilers are -191. Find more below on the Oilers vs. Kings betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Oilers vs. Kings Spread and Betting Line
Oilers vs. Kings Game Info
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 4, 2022
- Game Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta
- Arena: Rogers Place
Computer Predictions for Oilers vs. Kings
|Oilers (-1.5)||Under (6.5)||Oilers 4 Kings 2|
Oilers vs. Kings Betting Trends
- Edmonton has been victorious in 40 of the 57 games it’s played as the moneyline favorite this season.
- In 26 games with moneyline oddds lower than -191, the Oilers have 18 wins.
- There is a 65.6% chance that Edmonton wins this contest, per the moneyline.
Edmonton Oilers Leaders
- A leading contributor this season for Edmonton, Connor McDavid has scored 123 points in 80 games (44 goals and 79 assists).
- Leon Draisaitl is contributing with 110 points (55 goals, 55 assists).
- Zach Hyman has 54 total points for Edmonton, with 27 goals and 27 assists.
- Mikko Koskinen (27-12-4) has a 3.1 goals against average and a .903 save percentage (35th in the league).
Edmonton Oilers Season Stats
- The Oilers’ 285 goals this season make them the seventh-best scoring team in the league.
- On defense, the Oilers have conceded 251 goals (3.1 per game) to rank 18th in NHL action.
- Their goal differential (+34) ranks them 11th in the NHL.
- The Oilers’ 60 power-play goals this season are seventh-best in the NHL (on 235 power-play chances).
- The Oilers have the league’s third-best power-play conversion rate at 25.5%.
- The Oilers’ 11 shorthanded goals this season rank third.
- The Oilers kill 79.4% of their opponent’s power plays, the 17th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the NHL.
- The Oilers’ players win 51.2% of their faceoffs to rank ninth in the NHL.
- The Oilers shoot 10.2% as a team, ranked 11th-best in the league.
- The Oilers’ players are still looking for their first shutout win this season. As a team, they are averaging 22.6 hits and 12.4 blocked shots per game.
Kings vs. Oilers Betting Trends
- This season the Kings have 17 wins in the 45 games in which they’ve been an underdog.
- Los Angeles has 15 games this season playing as an underdog by +158 or longer, and is 9-6 in those contests.
- The win probability for the Kings, implied from the moneyline, is 38.8%.
Los Angeles Kings Leaders
- Anze Kopitar is among the top options on offense for Los Angeles, with 67 points this season. He has recorded 19 goals and 48 assists in 81 games.
- Adrian Kempe’s 54 points this season, including 35 goals and 19 assists, make him one of the top offensive threats for Los Angeles.
- Phillip Danault has scored 27 goals and contributed 24 assists for Los Angeles, giving him a point total of 51.
- Jonathan Quick has a 23-13-9 record this season, with a .910 save percentage (25th in the league). In 46 games, he has 1168 saves, and has given up 116 goals (2.6 goals against average).
Los Angeles Kings Season Stats
- The Kings have the league’s 20th-ranked scoring offense (235 total goals, 2.9 per game).
- The Kings have been one of the toughest defensive units in the NHL this season, giving up 232 goals (2.8 per game) to rank ninth.
- They have a +3 goal differential, which ranks 17th in the league.
- The Kings have recorded 39 power-play goals this season (on 248 power-play chances). That ranks 25th in the NHL.
- The Kings’ power-play conversion rate (15.7%) ranks 27th in the league.
- The Kings have scored 11 shorthanded goals this season (third among NHL teams).
- The 76.7% of opponent power plays the Kings kill is the 22nd-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Kings win 52.2% of their faceoffs. That’s the fifth-best percentage in the NHL.
- The 8.2% shooting percentage the Kings have compiled ranks 32nd in the league.
- The Kings have not had a shutout win yet this season.
Oilers and Kings Injury Report
Oilers: Oscar Klefbom: Out (Shoulder)
Kings: Viktor Arvidsson: Day To Day (Undisclosed), Drew Doughty: Out For Season (Wrist), Sean Walker: Out For Season (Lower body)
Betting Tips for Oilers vs. Kings
We have the Oilers -191 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will stay under the total of 6.5 goals, with the Oilers (-1.5) covering the spread.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price