The Oakland Athletics will look to pick up their seventh win of the season when they take on the Baltimore Orioles (3-8) Wednesday. The game begins at 6:07 PM ET on MLB Network, with the Athletics listed as -127 favorites on the moneyline. Daulton Jefferies will get the ball for Oakland while Baltimore counter with Jordan Lyles.
Table of Contents
Oakland Athletics vs. Baltimore Orioles: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Athletics vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+106) and Over (8)
Athletics vs. Orioles Game Info
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Daulton Jefferies
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Jordan Lyles
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Game Time: 6:07 PM ET
- TV Channel: MLB Network
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Oakland Athletics vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Athletics Starter Daulton Jefferies
- The Athletics will look to Jefferies (1-1) in his third start of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Friday, the righty tossed 4 1/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, allowing two earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Over his two appearances this season, opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of .257 against him. He has a 1.93 ERA and averages 3.9 strikeouts per nine innings.
- He will take the mound against an Orioles squad that is batting .209 as a unit (24th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .289 (28th in MLB) with four total home runs (30th in MLB).
Orioles Starter Jordan Lyles
- Lyles heads to the mound for the Orioles to make his third start of the season, seeking his first win.
- The right-hander last pitched on Friday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings against the New York Yankees, giving up one earned run.
- He has an ERA of 5.23, a batting average against of .325 and 5.2 strikeouts per nine innings in two games this season.
- In two starts this season, Lyles has lasted five or more innings two times, with an average of 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Athletics rank 25th in MLB with a .208 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 26th in the league (.314) and eight home runs.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have won both games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Oakland has played as a favorite of -127 or more twice this season and won both games.
- The implied probability of a win from the Athletics, based on the moneyline, is 55.9%.
- Oakland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in four of their 11 opportunities.
- In 11 games with a spread this season, the Athletics are 7-4-0 ATS.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been chosen as underdogs in 11 games this year and have walked away with the win three times (27.3%) in those games.
- This season, Baltimore has come away with a win three times in 10 chances when named as an underdog of at least +106 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 48.5% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- In 11 contests with a total set by sportsbooks, Baltimore and its opponents have failed to hit the over in every contest.
- The Orioles have posted a record of 6-5-0 against the spread this season.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sean Murphy’s two homers in 2022 are the most on the Athletics. He’s also knocked in seven runs while hitting .233.
- Murphy’s home runs put him 26th in MLB, and he is 30th in RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .206 with three doubles and seven walks.
- Andrus ranks 184th in homers and 330th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Tony Kemp paces the Athletics with a .242 batting average.
- Kemp is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .231 with four walks.
- Seth Brown has collected eight runs batted in to pace his team.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Anthony Santander leads the Orioles with a .273 batting average.
- In all of MLB, Santander is 76th in home runs and 261st in RBI.
- Cedric Mullins has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the lineup with two home runs and eight RBI.
- Mullins is 26th in homers and 18th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Austin Hays has three doubles and six walks while hitting .220.
- Jorge Mateo has two doubles and four walks while batting .270.
Betting Tips for Athletics vs. Orioles
Our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +106 after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price