Seeking their sixth win of the year, the Oakland Athletics (5-5) are favorites (-153) on the moneyline when they take on the Baltimore Orioles (3-7) Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET. Oakland will send Cole Irvin out to start this one, while Baltimore has not yet named a starter.
Table of Contents
Oakland Athletics vs. Baltimore Orioles: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Athletics vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+131) and Over (8)
Athletics vs. Orioles Game Info
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Cole Irvin
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Athletics Starter Cole Irvin
- The Athletics will look to Irvin (1-1) in his third start of the season.
- In his two games this season, opposing hitters have a collective batting average of .261 against him. He has a 5.40 ERA and averages 4.6 strikeouts per nine innings.
- He will face off against an Orioles team that is hitting .207 as a unit (25th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .293 (28th in MLB) with four total home runs (30th in MLB).
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 28-year-old’s 5.40 ERA ranks 47th, 1.114 WHIP ranks 31st, and 4.6 K/9 ranks 51st.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics won the only game they’ve played as the favorite this season.
- Oakland has played as a favorite of -153 or more once this season and won that game.
- The implied probability of a win from the Athletics, based on the moneyline, is 60.5%.
- Games involving Oakland have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in four of 10 chances this season.
- The Athletics are 7-3-0 against the spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have won in three of the 10 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This year, Baltimore has won three of 10 games when listed as at least +131 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Orioles have a 43.3% chance of pulling out a win.
- In 10 contests with a total set by bookmakers this year, Baltimore and its opponents have not once hit the over.
- The Orioles are 5-5-0 against the spread in their 10 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sean Murphy has accumulated a team-high two home runs and seven runs batted in.
- Murphy is 21st in homers and 23rd in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Tony Kemp’s .258 batting average leads his team.
- Kemp is 179th in home runs and 179th in RBI on the year.
- Kemp carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .200 with three walks.
- Cristian Pache has a double and a home run while batting .250.
- Pache has at least one base hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a home run and four RBI.
- Elvis Andrus has three doubles and five walks while batting .156.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins paces the Orioles in home runs (two) and runs batted in (eight).
- Mullins ranks 21st in home runs and 13th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Anthony Santander has a double, a home run and nine walks while batting .241.
- Among all MLB hitters, Santander is 66th in homers and 247th in RBI.
- Austin Hays is batting .243 with three doubles and six walks.
- Jorge Mateo leads the Orioles with a .273 batting average.
Betting Tips for Athletics vs. Orioles
Our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +131 after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price