The Oakland Athletics (4-5) are set to take on the Baltimore Orioles (3-6) Monday at 9:40 PM ET. The Athletics are listed as -180 favorites by bookmakers, while the underdog Orioles have +154 odds for the contest. Oakland’s Frankie Montas gets the start, and he’ll go against Baltimore’s Spenser Watkins.
Table of Contents
Oakland Athletics vs. Baltimore Orioles: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Athletics vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+154) and Over (8)
Athletics vs. Orioles Game Info
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Frankie Montas
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Spenser Watkins
- Game Day: Monday, April 18, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Oakland Athletics vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Athletics Starter Frankie Montas
- The Athletics will look to Montas (1-1) in his third start of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday, the right-hander threw 6 1/3 innings against the Tampa Bay Rays, giving up one earned run while surrendering five hits.
- He has a 4.76 ERA and 9.5 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are batting .239 against him over his two games this season.
- Montás will try to prolong a three-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.2 innings per outing).
- The opposing Orioles offense has the 29th-ranked slugging percentage (.287) and is last in MLB play with four home runs. It has a collective .206 batting average, and is 22nd in MLB with 61 total hits and 29th in MLB play scoring 21 runs.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 29-year-old ranks 54th in ERA (4.76), 28th in WHIP (1.059), and 26th in K/9 (9.5).
Orioles Starter Spenser Watkins
- The Orioles will send Watkins to the mound for his second start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw three innings, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits against the Milwaukee Brewers.
- He has an ERA of 3.00, a batting average against of .286 and 3.0 strikeouts per nine innings in one games this season.
- The Athletics have scored 40 runs this season, which ranks 13th in MLB. They are batting .211 for the campaign with eight home runs, 16th in the league.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the Athletics won 62 out of the 105 games, or 59%, in which they were favored.
- Oakland had a record of 15-6 in games where oddsmakers favored them by at least -180 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 64.3% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- Oakland and its opponents hit the over in 72 of their 158 games with a total last season.
- The Athletics were 63-51-0 against the spread last season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have come away with three wins in the nine contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Baltimore has been victorious two times in six chances when named as an underdog of at least +154 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 39.4% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- In nine contests with a total set by sportsbooks, Baltimore and its opponents have failed to hit the over in every one of them.
- The Orioles are 5-4-0 against the spread in their nine games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jed Lowrie had 69 runs batted in while putting up a batting average of .245 last season.
- Tony Kemp had 16 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 52 walks while batting .279.
- Elvis Andrus hit .243 last season with 25 doubles, two triples, three home runs and 31 walks.
- Sean Murphy had 23 doubles, 17 home runs and 40 walks while hitting .216.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins had a batting average of .291 with 175 total hits last season.
- Ryan Mountcastle had 33 home runs and 89 RBI a season ago.
- Trey Mancini hit .255 a season ago with 33 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 51 walks.
- Austin Hays had 26 doubles, four triples, 22 home runs and 28 walks while hitting .256.
Betting Tips for Athletics vs. Orioles
Our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +154 after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price