Seeking their third win of the year, the New York Yankees (2-1) are favorites (-110) on the moneyline when they take on the Toronto Blue Jays (2-1) Monday at 7:05 PM ET. Jameson Taillon will get the ball for New York while Toronto counter with Alek Manoah.
Table of Contents
New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Blue Jays
Our computer pick: Toronto Blue Jays (-108) and Under (9)
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Jameson Taillon
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Alek Manoah
- Game Day: Monday, April 11, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Jameson Taillon
- Taillon starts for the first time this season for the Yankees.
- The 30-year-old right-hander started and threw 3 1/3 scoreless innings in his last appearance on Sunday, Oct. 3 against the Tampa Bay Rays.
- In 29 games last season he put together an 8-6 record and had a 4.30 ERA and a 1.206 WHIP.
Blue Jays Starter Alek Manoah
- The Blue Jays will send Manoah to the mound for his first start this season.
- The last time the 24-year-old righty pitched was on Saturday, Oct. 2, throwing seven innings as the starter against the Baltimore Orioles.
- He pitched to a 3.22 ERA while striking out 10.2 batters per nine innings with a record of 9-2 last season.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees won 72, or 55%, of the 131 games they played as favorites last season.
- New York had a record of 71-59 in games where sportsbooks favored them by at least -110 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Yankees have a 52.4% chance to win.
- Games involving New York went over the total set by bookmakers in 69 of 160 chances last season.
- The Yankees were 53-63-0 against the spread last season.
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays won in 27, or 51.9%, of the 52 contests they were named as odds-on underdogs in last year.
- Toronto had a mark of 27-23 in contests where bookmakers set them as -108 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Blue Jays have an implied victory probability of 51.9% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Contests with Toronto went over the total set by sportsbooks in 70 of 159 chances last season.
- The Blue Jays went 63-51-0 against the spread in their 114 games with a line set by sportsbooks last season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge hit 39 home runs and had 98 runs batted in last season, while accumulating a batting average of .287.
- DJ LeMahieu hit .268 with 24 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 73 walks.
- Giancarlo Stanton hit .273 a season ago with 19 doubles, 35 home runs and 63 walks.
- Anthony Rizzo had 23 doubles, three triples, 22 home runs and 52 walks while hitting .248.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. hit 48 home runs while putting up a batting average of .311 last season.
- Bo Bichette had 30 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 40 walks while hitting .298.
- Teoscar Hernandez drove in 116 RBI last season while batting .296.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. hit .276 with 28 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 32 walks.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||161||.311||.401||.601||48||111||188|
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Blue Jays
We have the Blue Jays on the moneyline at -108 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price