The New York Yankees (5-5) are set to take on the Detroit Tigers (4-5) Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET. The Yankees are listed as -178 favorites by bookmakers, while the underdog Tigers have +152 odds for the contest. Luis Severino takes the mound for New York while Eduardo Rodriguez is Detroit’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
New York Yankees vs. Detroit Tigers: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Tigers
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+152) and Over (7.5)
Yankees vs. Tigers Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Luis Severino
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
New York Yankees vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Luis Severino
- The Yankees will send Severino (1-0) to the mound for his third start of the season.
- His last time out came on Thursday against the Toronto Blue Jays, when the right-hander threw five scoreless innings while allowing two hits.
- He has a 2.25 ERA and 12.4 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are batting .219 against him over his two games this season.
- The opposing Tigers offense has a collective .201 batting average, and is 27th in the league with 57 total hits and 26th in MLB action with 28 runs scored. It has the 25th-ranked slugging percentage (.318) and ranks 27th in home runs (six) in all of MLB.
Tigers Starter Eduardo Rodriguez
- Rodriguez will take to the mound for the Tigers, his third start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the Boston Red Sox, throwing 3 2/3 innings and giving up two earned runs.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 5.87, a batting average against of .290 and 8.2 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Yankees are batting .229 this season, 17th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .366 (18th in the league) with 10 home runs.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Yankees have been favored 10 times and won five of those games.
- This season, New York has won three of its five games when favored by at least -178 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 64% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in two of their 10 chances.
- The Yankees are 4-6-0 ATS in their 10 games with a spread this season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have won in four of the 10 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Detroit has played as an underdog of +152 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- The Tigers have an implied victory probability of 39.7% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Detroit and their opponents have hit the over in three of their 10 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Tigers are 4-6-0 against the spread in their 10 games that had a posted line this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Anthony Rizzo is the Yankees best power option, crushing three homers this season in addition to accumulating eight RBI, both team highs.
- Including all MLB hitters, Rizzo is 116th in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage, and 33rd in slugging.
- Rizzo has collected a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .067 with three walks and an RBI.
- Aaron Judge is batting .257 with three doubles, a home run and five walks.
- Judge is 69th in home runs and 253rd in RBI on the season.
- Judge heads into this game looking for his third game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is batting .188 with a double and two walks.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .321 with two doubles, a home run and three walks.
- LeMahieu has at least one base hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .368 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Giancarlo Stanton has been productive as he paces his team with eight RBI.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Spencer Torkelson paces the Tigers with two home runs and runs batted in, driving in five.
- Torkelson ranks 22nd in home runs and 57th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Torkelson brings a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .313 with two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Austin Meadows’ .417 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Among all major league hitters, Meadows ranks 182nd in home runs and 186th in RBI.
- Eric Haase has a double, a home run and two walks while batting .190.
- Miguel Cabrera has two doubles and three walks while batting .276.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Tigers
We have the Tigers on the moneyline at +152 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price