The New York Yankees (5-5) are set to take on the Detroit Tigers (4-5) Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET. The Yankees are listed as -220 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Tigers have +180 odds for the contest. Gerrit Cole gets the starting nod for New York while Tyler Alexander is Detroit’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
New York Yankees vs. Detroit Tigers: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Tigers
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+180) and Over (8)
Yankees vs. Tigers Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Gerrit Cole
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Tyler Alexander
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
New York Yankees vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Gerrit Cole
- Cole (0-0) takes the mound for the Yankees to make his third start of the season.
- In his last time out on Wednesday, the right-hander tossed 5 2/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, allowing three earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- In two games this season, he has put up a 5.59 ERA and averages 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .222 against him.
- He will face a Tigers offense that ranks 26th in MLB with 57 total hits (on a .201 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .318 (26th in MLB) with six total home runs (24th in MLB).
Tigers Starter Tyler Alexander
- The Tigers’ Alexander will make his second start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Tuesday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings against the Boston Red Sox, giving up three earned runs.
- He has pitched to a 5.06 ERA this season with 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 0.0 walks per nine across one games.
- The Yankees rank 25th in MLB with 30 runs scored this season. They have a .229 batting average this campaign with 10 home runs (seventh in the league).
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have been favorites in nine games this season and won four (44.4%) of those contests.
- New York has not entered a game this season as a bigger favorite on the moneyline than the -220 odds on them winning this game.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 68.8% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in two of their nine games with a total this season.
- The Yankees are 3-6-0 against the spread in their nine chances this season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have been chosen as underdogs in nine games this year and have walked away with the win four times (44.4%) in those games.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Detroit this season with a +180 moneyline set for this game.
- The Tigers have an implied victory probability of 35.7% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Detroit and its opponents have gone over the total this season in three of their nine opportunities.
- The Tigers have posted a record of 4-5-0 against the spread this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge racked up a batting average of .287, with 39 home runs and 98 runs batted in last season.
- DJ LeMahieu had 24 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 73 walks while batting .268.
- Giancarlo Stanton hit .273 a season ago with 19 doubles, 35 home runs and 63 walks.
- Anthony Rizzo hit .248 with 23 doubles, three triples, 22 home runs and 52 walks.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Meadows leads the team in batting average with a high-water mark of .417.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Meadows’ home run total ranks 171st and his RBI tally ranks 168th.
- Meadows carries a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .389 with a walk and two RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson been a consistent power bat this season, as he paces his team with two home runs and five RBI.
- Torkelson is 20th among all hitters in MLB in home runs, and 52nd in RBI.
- Eric Haase is hitting .190 with a double, a home run and two walks.
- Miguel Cabrera is batting .276 with two doubles and three walks.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Tigers
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Tigers on the moneyline at +180. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price