Gerrit Cole takes the mound for New York while Nathan Eovaldi is Boston’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Red Sox
Our computer pick: Boston Red Sox (+)
Yankees vs. Red Sox Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Gerrit Cole
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Nathan Eovaldi
- Game Day: Friday, April 8, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Gerrit Cole
- Cole makes his first start of the season for the Yankees.
- The 31-year-old right-hander started and threw two innings when he last appeared Wednesday, Oct. 6 against the Boston Red Sox.
- Last season he finished with a 3.23 ERA and a 1.059 WHIP over his 30 games, compiling a 16-8 record.
- He ranked 16th in ERA (3.23), 11th in WHIP (1.059), and third in K/9 (12.1) among qualified pitchers in the majors last season.
Red Sox Starter Nathan Eovaldi
- Eovaldi will make his first start of the season for the Red Sox.
- The 32-year-old righty last pitched Saturday, Oct. 23 against the Houston Astros, tossing 4 1/3 innings as the starter.
- Last season, he posted a 3.75 ERA with 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings and a record of 11-9.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors last year, he ranked 24th in ERA (3.75), 23rd in WHIP (1.190), and 18th in K/9 (9.6).
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees entered a game as favorites 131 times last season and won 72, or 55%, of those games.
- New York did not enter a game last season as a bigger favorite on the moneyline than the odds on them winning this game.
- New York and its opponents went over the total last season in 69 of their 160 opportunities.
- The Yankees had an ATS record of 53-63-0 in 116 games with a spread last season.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox came away with 30 wins in the 59 contests they were listed as the underdogs in last season.
- Last year, Boston won 96 of 169 games when listed as at least on the moneyline.
- Boston and its opponents went over the total last season in 80 of their 169 opportunities.
- The Red Sox went 68-60-0 against the spread in their 128 games that had a posted line last season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge put up a batting average of .287, with 39 home runs and 98 runs batted in last season.
- DJ LeMahieu had 24 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 73 walks while batting .268.
- Giancarlo Stanton hit .273 last season with 19 doubles, 35 home runs and 63 walks.
- Anthony Rizzo had 23 doubles, three triples, 22 home runs and 52 walks while hitting .248.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers hit 38 home runs and had 113 runs batted in last season.
- J.D. Martinez had 42 doubles, three triples, 28 home runs and 55 walks while batting .286.
- Xander Bogaerts had a batting average of .295 with 156 total hits last season.
- Trevor Story had 34 doubles, five triples, 24 home runs and 53 walks while hitting .251.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Red Sox
We have the Red Sox on the moneyline at on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price