The New York Yankees (4-4) are set to take on the Baltimore Orioles (2-5) Saturday at 7:05 PM ET. The Yankees are listed as -189 favorites by sportsbooks, while the underdog Orioles have +162 odds for the contest. New York’s Jameson Taillon gets the start, and he’ll go against Baltimore’s Tyler Wells.
Table of Contents
New York Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+162) and Over (9)
Yankees vs. Orioles Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Jameson Taillon
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Tyler Wells
- Game Day: Saturday, April 16, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Jameson Taillon
- Taillon (0-1) gets the starting nod for the Yankees, his second this season.
- In his last appearance on Monday, the righty tossed 5 2/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, allowing two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of .250 against him this season. He has a 3.60 ERA and 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings over his one appearances.
- The opposing Orioles offense has a collective .196 batting average, and is 28th in the league with 45 total hits and last in MLB play with 14 runs scored. It has the 29th-ranked slugging percentage (.283) and ranks last in home runs (three) in all of MLB.
Orioles Starter Tyler Wells
- Wells will take to the mound for the Orioles, his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he threw 1 2/3 innings against the Tampa Bay Rays, giving up four earned runs.
- He has pitched to a 21.60 ERA this season with 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 10.8 walks per nine across one games.
- The Yankees have scored 25 runs this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB. They are batting .228 for the campaign with nine home runs, fifth in the league.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Yankees have won three out of the seven games in which they’ve been favored.
- New York has played as a favorite of -189 or more once this season and lost that game.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Yankees have a 65.4% chance to win.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in two of their seven chances.
- The Yankees are 2-5-0 ATS in their seven games with a spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been chosen as underdogs in seven games this year and have walked away with the win two times (28.6%) in those games.
- This season, Baltimore has been victorious one time in three chances when named as an underdog of at least +162 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 38.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- In seven contests with a total set by bookmakers, Baltimore and its opponents have failed to hit the over in every contest.
- The Orioles have posted a record of 4-3-0 against the spread this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge put up a batting average of .287, with 39 home runs and 98 runs batted in last season.
- DJ LeMahieu hit .268 with 24 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 73 walks.
- Giancarlo Stanton hit .273 last season with 19 doubles, 35 home runs and 63 walks.
- Anthony Rizzo had 23 doubles, three triples, 22 home runs and 52 walks while hitting .248.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Anthony Santander has a team-best batting average of .316, and leads the Orioles in long balls with one.
- Santander’s home run total puts him 51st in the big leagues, and he is 208th in RBI.
- Ryan Mountcastle has shown off his power as he paces his team with one home runs.
- Mountcastle ranks 51st in homers and 91st in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Jorge Mateo has a double and four walks while hitting .217.
- Austin Hays is batting .160 with two doubles and five walks.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Orioles
Our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +162 after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price