The New York Mets begin their season as -131 favorites in a road tilt against the Washington Nationals on Thursday at 4:05 PM ET. New York’s Tylor Megill gets the start, and he’ll go against Washington’s Patrick Corbin.
Table of Contents
New York Mets vs. Washington Nationals: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+111) and Over (9)
Mets vs. Nationals Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Tylor Megill
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Patrick Corbin
- Game Day: Thursday, April 7, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
New York Mets vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Tylor Megill
- Megill will start for the Mets, his first this season.
- The 26-year-old right-hander started and threw 5 2/3 scoreless innings when he last appeared Friday, Oct. 1 against the Atlanta Braves.
- In his 18 appearances last season he finished with a 4.52 ERA and a 1.283 WHIP, putting together a 4-6 record.
Nationals Starter Patrick Corbin
- The Nationals will send out Corbin for his first start of the season.
- The last time the 32-year-old pitched was on Wednesday, Sept. 29 against the Colorado Rockies. The lefty threw 6 2/3 innings as the starter in that matchup.
- He finished last season with a 5.82 ERA and a 1.468 WHIP while earning a 9-16 record.
- Among qualified major league pitchers last season, his 5.82 ERA ranked 39th, 1.468 WHIP ranked 38th, and 7.5 K/9 ranked 31st.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the Mets were favored 88 times and won 50, or 56.8%, of those games.
- New York was 36-28 last season when entering a game favored by -131 or more on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mets have a 56.7% chance to win.
- New York’s games went over the total in 66 of their 157 chances last season.
- The Mets were 48-66-0 against the spread in their 114 chances last season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals were chosen as underdogs in 102 games last year and walked away with the win 31 times (30.4%) in those games.
- Last year, Washington won 23 of 72 games when listed as at least +111 on the moneyline.
- The Nationals have an implied victory probability of 47.4% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Washington and its opponents went over in 75 of their 158 games with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- In 114 games with a line last season, the Nationals had a mark of 51-63-0 against the spread.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Pete Alonso had 37 home runs and 94 runs batted in last season.
- Eduardo Escobar had 26 doubles, five triples, 28 home runs and 48 walks while batting .253.
- Starling Marte had a batting average of .310 with 145 total hits last season.
- Mark Canha hit .231 with 22 doubles, four triples, 17 home runs and 77 walks.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Juan Soto had 95 runs batted in while racking up a batting average of .313 last season.
- Josh Bell had 24 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 65 walks while batting .261.
- Nelson Cruz hit 32 home runs last season while slugging .497.
- Cesar Hernandez hit .232 with 21 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 59 walks.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Nationals
After digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Nationals on the moneyline at +111. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price