Led by Brandon Nimmo (two-game homer streak), the New York Mets (6-3) are favorites versus the San Francisco Giants (6-2) Tuesday at 3:10 PM ET. Bookmakers have named the Mets as -130 favorites for the game, which airs on MLB Network. Tylor Megill starts for New York while Alex Cobb is San Francisco’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
New York Mets vs. San Francisco Giants: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Giants
Our computer pick: San Francisco Giants (+110) and Over (6)
Mets vs. Giants Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Tylor Megill
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Alex Cobb
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: MLB Network
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
New York Mets vs San Francisco Giants Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Tylor Megill
- Megill (2-0) makes the start for the Mets, his third of the season.
- His most recent appearance came on Tuesday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when the right-hander tossed 5 1/3 scoreless innings while allowing three hits.
- In two games this season, he has a .00 ERA and 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .176 against him.
- Megill will look to go five or more innings for his third straight start. He’s averaging 5.1 innings per outing.
- He will take the mound against a Giants offense that ranks 25th in MLB with 59 total hits (on a .227 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .385 (13th in MLB) with nine total home runs (13th in MLB).
- The 26-year-old’s .00 ERA ranks first, .581 WHIP ranks second, and 9.6 K/9 ranks 26th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Giants Starter Alex Cobb
- Cobb heads to the mound for the Giants to make his second start of the season, seeking his second win.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw five innings, giving up two earned runs while allowing four hits against the San Diego Padres.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of 3.60, a batting average against of .211 and 18.0 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Mets have scored 44 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB. They have 70 hits, 13th in baseball, with 11 home runs (fifth in the league).
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have entered the game as favorites seven times this season and won five of those games.
- New York has entered five games this season favored by -130 or more and is 3-2 in those contests.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mets have a 56.5% chance to win.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in two of their nine chances.
- The Mets have an ATS record of 7-2-0 in nine games with a spread this season.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants came away victorious in the one game they played as the underdog this season.
- San Francisco has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +110.
- The Giants have an implied victory probability of 47.6% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- San Francisco and its opponents have gone over the total this season in two of their eight opportunities.
- In eight games with a line this season, the Giants have a mark of 3-5-0 against the spread.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Francisco Lindor has hit a team-high three homers.
- Lindor’s home runs place him seventh in MLB, and he is 20th in RBI.
- Lindor has collected a hit in six straight games. In his last nine games he is batting .281 with two doubles, three home runs, eight walks and seven RBI.
- Pete Alonso has shown his power as he paces his team with three home runs and 14 RBI.
- Alonso is seventh in home runs in baseball, and second in RBI.
- Alonso enters this game looking for his third game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and nine RBI.
- Starling Marte is hitting .242 with two home runs and a walk.
- Eduardo Escobar is hitting .250 with four doubles, a triple and seven walks.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Brandon Belt leads the Giants in home runs (two), runs batted in (five) and has a team-high batting average of .375.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Belt’s home run total is 20th and his RBI tally ranks 52nd.
- Belt has collected a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with a double, a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Thairo Estrada is batting .207 with a double, a home run and a walk.
- Estrada is 62nd in home runs and 81st in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Wilmer Flores has two doubles, a home run and a walk while batting .231.
- Joc Pederson leads the Giants with two home runs.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Giants
Our best bet is the Giants on the moneyline at +110 after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 6 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price