The New York Mets (4-2) host the Arizona Diamondbacks (2-4) on Friday to begin a three-game series, with the first pitch at 1:10 PM ET from Citi Field. The Mets are listed as -180 favorites, while the underdog Diamondbacks have +155 odds on the moneyline. New York’s Chris Bassitt and Arizona’s Zach Davies have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
New York Mets vs. Arizona Diamondbacks: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+155) and Over (8.5)
Mets vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Chris Bassitt
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Zach Davies
- Game Day: Friday, April 15, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
New York Mets vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Chris Bassitt
- The Mets are sending Bassitt (1-0) to the mound for his second start of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday, the righty threw six scoreless innings against the Washington Nationals while surrendering three hits.
- In one appearances this season, he has a .00 ERA and 12.0 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .143 against him.
- The opposing Diamondbacks offense has the worst slugging percentage (.246) and is 14th in MLB play with five home runs. It has a collective .140 batting average, and is 29th in MLB with 25 total hits and 28th in MLB play scoring 15 runs.
- The 33-year-old ranks first in ERA (.00), 13th in WHIP (.667), and ninth in K/9 (12.0) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Diamondbacks Starter Zach Davies
- Davies will get the start for the Diamondbacks, his second of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw five innings, giving up two earned runs while allowing four hits against the San Diego Padres.
- He has an ERA of 3.60, a batting average against of .222 and 3.6 strikeouts per nine innings in one games this season.
- The Mets have scored 27 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB. They are batting .237 for the campaign with five home runs, 14th in the league.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have been favorites in four games this season and won three (75%) of those contests.
- New York has not entered a game this season with shorter moneyline odds than -180.
- The Mets have a 64.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in one of their six games with a total.
- The Mets are 5-1-0 against the spread this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have been underdogs in six games this season and have come away with the win two times (33.3%) in those contests.
- Arizona has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +155.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 39.2% chance of walking away with the win.
- Arizona’s games have gone over the total in one of their six opportunities.
- In six games with a line this season, the Diamondbacks have a mark of 3-3-0 against the spread.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Pete Alonso is the Mets best power option, connecting on two home runs this season in addition to accumulating 10 RBI, both team highs.
- Including all MLB hitters, Alonso ranks 67th in batting average, 86th in on-base percentage, and 31st in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .261 with two doubles, a home run and four walks.
- Lindor ranks 36th in homers and 35th in RBI on the season.
- Brandon Nimmo leads the Mets with two home runs.
- Eduardo Escobar has two doubles, a triple and six walks while hitting .250.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker has racked up a team-high two home runs.
- In all of the big leagues, Walker ranks eighth in home runs and 105th in RBI.
- Seth Beer has driven in the most runs for the Diamondbacks with four runs batted in.
- Beer ranks 36th overall in home runs and 35th in RBI this season.
- Cooper Hummel has a home run and six walks while batting .167.
- David Peralta paces the Diamondbacks with a team-leading batting average of .174.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Diamondbacks
We have the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +155 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price