The Washington Nationals will look to pick up their seventh win of the season when they take on the Arizona Diamondbacks (4-8) Thursday. The game begins at 4:05 PM ET, with the Nationals listed as -130 favorites on the moneyline. Josh Rogers gets the starting nod for Washington while Zach Davies is Arizona’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Nationals vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Nationals vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+109) and Over (8.5)
Nationals vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Josh Rogers
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Zach Davies
- Game Day: Thursday, April 21, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
Washington Nationals vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Nationals Starter Josh Rogers
- The Nationals will look to Rogers (1-1) in his third start of the season.
- The left-hander last appeared on Saturday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when he threw 4 1/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of only .222 against him this season. He has a 3.72 ERA and 4.7 strikeouts per nine innings over his two games.
- He will face a Diamondbacks offense that ranks 26th in the league with 33 runs while batting .168 as a unit. It has a collective .281 slugging percentage (29th in MLB play) and has hit a total of nine home runs (19th in MLB).
Diamondbacks Starter Zach Davies
- The Diamondbacks will send Davies to the mound for his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Friday, when he threw 4 1/3 innings against the New York Mets, giving up four earned runs.
- He has pitched to a 5.79 ERA this season with 3.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.9 walks per nine across two games.
- Davies has started two games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings one time. He averages 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Nationals rank 10th in MLB with 50 runs scored this season. They have a .234 batting average this campaign with six home runs (28th in the league).
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Nationals have won two out of the four games in which they’ve been favored.
- Washington has played as a favorite of -130 or more twice this season and won both games.
- The Nationals have a 56.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Washington and its opponents have hit the over in five of their 13 games with a total.
- The Nationals are 5-8-0 ATS in their 13 games with a spread this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have been victorious in four, or 33.3%, of the 12 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Arizona has a mark of 3-8 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +109 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 47.8% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Arizona and their opponents have gone over in three of their 12 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Diamondbacks have an against the spread record of 6-6-0 in 12 games with a line this season.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Juan Soto leads the Nationals with three home runs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Soto’s home run total ranks him 12th, and his RBI tally ranks him 157th.
- Soto carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .267 with two doubles, a home run, six walks and an RBI.
- Josh Bell has nine runs batted in while batting .356. Both are team-highs.
- Bell ranks 78th in homers and 16th in RBI on the season.
- Bell carries a six-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .371 with two doubles, a home run, six walks and nine RBI.
- Maikel Franco has a team-best nine runs batted in.
- Franco has at least one base hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a double, three walks and an RBI.
- Nelson Cruz is batting .191 with a home run and six walks.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Seth Beer has driven in the most runs for the Diamondbacks with eight runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Beer ranks 78th in homers and 24th in RBI.
- Beer takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .600 with two doubles, two walks and three RBI.
- Daulton Varsho has put his power on display as he paces his team with three home runs.
- Varsho is currently 12th in homers and 76th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Christian Walker has a double, two home runs and seven walks while hitting .132.
- David Peralta is batting .214 with four doubles, a home run and five walks.
Betting Tips for Nationals vs. Diamondbacks
After analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +109. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price