An AL Central matchup Tuesday features the fourth-place Minnesota Twins (2-6) visiting the fifth-place Kansas City Royals (3-5). The Twins (-117) are listed as favorites for the game, which gets underway at 8:10 PM ET from Kauffman Stadium. Minnesota’s Chris Archer and Kansas City’s Carlos Hernandez have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Minnesota Twins vs. Kansas City Royals: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (-103) and Over (8.5)
Twins vs. Royals Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Chris Archer
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Carlos Hernández
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
Minnesota Twins vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Chris Archer
- The Twins will look to Archer (0-0) in his second start of the season.
- In his last appearance on Tuesday, the righty tossed four scoreless innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers while surrendering two hits.
- In one games this season, he has a .00 ERA and 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .143 against him.
- He will take the hill against a Royals offense that ranks 28th in MLB with 55 total hits (on a .211 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .310 (27th in MLB) with five total home runs (27th in MLB).
Royals Starter Carlos Hernández
- The Royals’ Hernandez will make his second start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Monday, April 11, when he threw 4 1/3 innings, giving up four earned runs while allowing six hits against the Cleveland Guardians.
- He has an ERA of 8.31, a batting average against of .333 and 2.1 strikeouts per nine innings in one games this season.
- The Twins have scored 25 runs this season, which ranks 27th in MLB. They are batting .165 for the campaign with 10 home runs, seventh in the league.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Twins have won one out of the three games in which they’ve been favored.
- Minnesota has a record of 1-2 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -117 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 53.9% chance of a victory for the Twins.
- Minnesota and its opponents have gone over the total this season in two of their eight opportunities.
- The Twins are 2-6-0 ATS in their eight games with a spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have been victorious in one of the three contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Kansas City has been listed as an underdog of -103 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The Royals have an implied victory probability of 50.7% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Kansas City’s games have gone over the total in three of their eight opportunities.
- The Royals are 3-5-0 against the spread in their eight games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Max Kepler has a double, a home run and three walks while hitting .192.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Kepler ranks 62nd in home runs and 120th in RBI.
- Luis Arraez is batting .217 to lead his team.
- Arraez is 62nd in home runs and 120th in RBI on the year.
- Byron Buxton has collected a team-best three home runs.
- Gio Urshela is hitting .222 with a home run and two walks.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Andrew Benintendi leads the Royals with four runs batted in while accumulating a team-best batting average of .357.
- Benintendi ranks 62nd in homers and 81st in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Hunter Dozier is hitting .333 with a double, a triple and a home run.
- Dozier is 62nd overall in homers and 120th in RBI this season.
- Nicky Lopez is hitting .348 with a double.
- Michael A. Taylor is hitting .217 with a home run and three walks.
|Michael A. Taylor||8||.217||.308||.348||1||3||5|
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Royals
We have the Royals on the moneyline at -103 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price