Seeking their second win of the year, the Minnesota Twins (1-4) are favorites (-125) on the moneyline when they take on the Boston Red Sox (3-3) Friday at 2:10 PM ET. Joe Ryan will get the ball for Minnesota while Boston counter with Nick Pivetta.
Table of Contents
Minnesota Twins vs. Boston Red Sox: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Red Sox
Our computer pick: Boston Red Sox (+105) and Under (11)
Twins vs. Red Sox Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Joe Ryan
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Nick Pivetta
- Game Day: Friday, April 15, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Minnesota Twins vs Boston Red Sox Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Joe Ryan
- The Twins will look to Ryan (0-1) in his second start of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Friday, the right-hander threw four innings against the Seattle Mariners, giving up two earned runs while surrendering two hits.
- In one appearances this season, he has put up a 4.50 ERA and averages 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .143 against him.
- He will match up with a Red Sox offense that ranks 13th in MLB with 44 total hits (on a .216 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .363 (18th in MLB) with five total home runs (14th in MLB).
Red Sox Starter Nick Pivetta
- The Red Sox will send Pivetta to the mound for his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the New York Yankees, throwing 5 2/3 innings and giving up four earned runs.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of 6.35, a batting average against of .200 and 6.4 strikeouts per nine innings.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins won 39, or 46.4%, of the 84 games they played as favorites last season.
- Minnesota had a record of 31-37, a 45.6% win rate, when favored by -125 or more by sportsbooks last season.
- The Twins have a 55.6% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Minnesota went over the total set by bookmakers in 83 of 157 chances last season.
- The Twins had an ATS record of 43-70-0 in 113 games with a spread last season.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have been underdogs in three games this season and have come away with the win one time (33.3%) in those contests.
- Boston has a win-loss record of 1-2 when favored by +105 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The Red Sox have an implied victory probability of 48.8% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in two of their six opportunities.
- The Red Sox have posted a record of 4-2-0 against the spread this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jorge Polanco accumulated 33 home runs and had 98 runs batted in last season.
- Carlos Correa hit .279 a season ago with 155 hits.
- Max Kepler hit .211 a season ago with 21 doubles, four triples, 19 home runs and 54 walks.
- Luis Arraez had 17 doubles, six triples, two home runs and 43 walks while hitting .294.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers had 38 home runs and 113 runs batted in last season.
- J.D. Martinez hit .286 with 42 doubles, three triples, 28 home runs and 55 walks.
- Xander Bogaerts had a batting average of .295 with 156 total hits last season.
- Trevor Story had 34 doubles, five triples, 24 home runs and 53 walks while hitting .251.
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Red Sox
Our best bet is the Red Sox on the moneyline at +105 after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will under the total of 11 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price