The St. Louis Cardinals (5-2) will look to Nolan Arenado, with homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the Milwaukee Brewers (4-5) Sunday at American Family Field. The Brewers are -130 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 2:10 PM ET. Milwaukee’s Aaron Ashby and St. Louis’ Dakota Hudson have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Milwaukee Brewers vs. St. Louis Cardinals: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Cardinals
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (+109) and Over (8.5)
Brewers vs. Cardinals Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Aaron Ashby
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Dakota Hudson
- Game Day: Sunday, April 17, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Milwaukee Brewers vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Aaron Ashby
- Ashby will start for the Brewers, his first this season.
- The 23-year-old left-hander came out of the bullpen in his last outing this season, one of two appearances so far.
- He has a 1.80 ERA and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are hitting .263 against him over his two appearances this season.
- The Cardinals have totaled 38 runs this season (seventh in MLB) and are batting .266 collectively with 11 home runs (fourth in the league).
Cardinals Starter Dakota Hudson
- Hudson heads to the mound for the Cardinals to make his second start of the season, seeking his first win.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday against the Kansas City Royals, throwing four innings and giving up three earned runs.
- He has pitched to a 6.75 ERA this season with 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 0.0 walks per nine across one games.
- The Brewers have scored 25 runs this season, which ranks 25th in MLB. They are batting .210 for the campaign with five home runs, 27th in the league.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers entered a game as favorites 124 times last season and won 75, or 60.5%, of those games.
- Milwaukee was 57-40 last season when entering a game favored by -130 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Brewers, based on the moneyline, is 56.5%.
- Games involving Milwaukee went over the total set by sportsbooks in 75 of 164 chances last season.
- The Brewers were 64-56-0 against the spread in their 120 chances last season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals were underdogs in 76 games last season and came away with the win 37 times (48.7%) in those contests.
- St. Louis had a mark of 19-26 in contests where bookmakers set them as +109 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Cardinals have an implied victory probability of 47.8% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- St. Louis and its opponents went over in 74 of their 161 games with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- The Cardinals posted a record of 56-60-0 against the spread last season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Hunter Renfroe accumulated 31 home runs and had 96 runs batted in last season.
- Andrew McCutchen hit .222 with 24 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 81 walks.
- Willy Adames accumulated 130 hits with a batting average of .262 last season.
- Kolten Wong had 32 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 31 walks while batting .272.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Arenado paces the Cardinals in home runs (four), runs batted in (12) and has posted a team-high batting average of .423.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Arenado ranks third in home runs and second in RBI.
- Arenado brings a hitting streak of four games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a double, three home runs, three walks and seven RBI.
- Tommy Edman has a double, three home runs and three walks while batting .348.
- Edman ranks fifth in home runs and 68th in RBI among all MLB batters this year.
- Tyler O’Neill has a double, a home run and three walks while hitting .280.
- Paul Goldschmidt is batting .160 with a double and five walks.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Cardinals
After digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Cardinals on the moneyline at +109. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price