The Milwaukee Brewers (3-3) are set to take on the St. Louis Cardinals (3-1) Thursday at 5:14 PM ET. The Brewers are listed as -148 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Cardinals have +126 odds for the contest. Milwaukee’s Brandon Woodruff gets the start, and he’ll go against St. Louis’ Adam Wainwright.
Table of Contents
Milwaukee Brewers vs. St. Louis Cardinals: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Cardinals
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (+126) and Under (8)
Brewers vs. Cardinals Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Brandon Woodruff
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Adam Wainwright
- Game Day: Thursday, April 14, 2022
- Game Time: 5:14 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Milwaukee Brewers vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Brandon Woodruff
- Woodruff (0-1) makes the start for the Brewers, his second of the season.
- His last appearance was on Saturday against the Chicago Cubs, when the righty went 3 2/3 innings, surrendering seven earned runs while allowing six hits.
- In his one appearances this season, opposing hitters have a collective batting average of .375 against him. He has a 17.18 ERA and averages 4.9 strikeouts per nine innings.
Cardinals Starter Adam Wainwright
- Wainwright will take to the mound for the Cardinals, his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Thursday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, throwing six innings without allowing a run.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of .00, a strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .833.
- The Brewers have scored 18 runs this season, which ranks 24th in MLB. They have 41 hits, 17th in baseball, with three home runs (28th in the league).
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 40-year-old’s .00 ERA ranks first, .833 WHIP ranks 19th, and 9.0 K/9 ranks 22nd.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Brewers have been favored six times and won three of those games.
- Milwaukee has entered five games this season favored by -148 or more and is 2-3 in those contests.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Brewers have a 59.7% chance to win.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have gone over the total this season in two of their six opportunities.
- The Brewers are 1-5-0 ATS in their six games with a spread this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals were chosen as underdogs in 76 games last year and walked away with the win 37 times (48.7%) in those games.
- Last year, St. Louis won 12 of 35 games when listed as at least +126 on the moneyline.
- The Cardinals have an implied victory probability of 44.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with St. Louis went over the total set by sportsbooks in 74 of 161 chances last season.
- In 116 games with a line last season, the Cardinals had a mark of 56-60-0 against the spread.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rowdy Tellez paces the Brewers with one home runs and four runs batted in.
- Willy Adames’ one home runs pace his team.
- Adames ranks 36th in home runs and 105th in RBI on the season.
- Andrew McCutchen has three doubles and a walk while batting .250.
- Christian Yelich has a club-high .263 batting average.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Paul Goldschmidt put up 177 hits with a batting average of .294 last season.
- Nolan Arenado had 34 home runs and 105 runs batted in a season ago.
- Tommy Edman hit .262 last season with 41 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 38 walks.
- Tyler O’Neill racked up 34 home runs a season ago while slugging .560.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Cardinals
Our best bet is the Cardinals on the moneyline at +126 after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will under the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price