The Milwaukee Brewers (7-5) will vie for their fourth straight victory when they host the Pittsburgh Pirates (5-6) on Wednesday at 1:40 PM ET. The Brewers are listed as -244 favorites by oddsmakers, while the Pirates are +199 underdogs. Milwaukee’s Brandon Woodruff and Pittsburgh’s Mitch Keller have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Milwaukee Brewers vs. Pittsburgh Pirates: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Pirates
Our computer pick: Pittsburgh Pirates (+199) and Over (8)
Brewers vs. Pirates Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Brandon Woodruff
- Pittsburgh Pirates probable starting pitcher: Mitch Keller
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Milwaukee Brewers vs Pittsburgh Pirates Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Brandon Woodruff
- The Brewers are sending Woodruff (1-1) out for his third start of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Thursday, the right-hander tossed five scoreless innings against the St. Louis Cardinals while surrendering three hits.
- He has a 7.27 ERA and 4.2 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are batting .281 against him over his two games this season.
- He will face off against a Pirates offense that ranks seventh in MLB with 92 total hits (on a .251 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .371 (16th in MLB) with eight total home runs (20th in MLB).
Pirates Starter Mitch Keller
- Keller will get the start for the Pirates, his third of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Friday against the Washington Nationals, throwing 3 2/3 innings and giving up four earned runs.
- He has pitched to a 9.39 ERA this season with 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 5.9 walks per nine across two games.
- The Brewers are batting .205 this season, 26th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .335 (22nd in the league) with eight home runs.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers have been favorites in 12 games this season and won seven (58.3%) of those contests.
- Milwaukee has played as a favorite of -244 or more once this season and won that game.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 70.9% chance of a victory for the Brewers.
- Milwaukee’s games have gone over the total in four of their 12 chances.
- In 12 games with a spread this season, the Brewers are 4-8-0 ATS.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates have come away with three wins in the eight contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Pittsburgh has played as an underdog of +199 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Pirates have a 33.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with Pittsburgh have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in four of 11 chances this season.
- The Pirates are 6-5-0 against the spread in their 11 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rowdy Tellez paces the Brewers in home runs (two) and runs batted in (seven).
- Christian Yelich is hitting .216 with four doubles, a home run and eight walks.
- Yelich is 76th in home runs in the majors, and 50th in RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has accumulated a team-high batting average of .250.
- Kolten Wong is batting .209 with a double, two triples and a walk.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Michael Chavis has racked up a team-leading six runs batted in.
- Chavis ranks 76th in home runs and 50th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ben Gamel is hitting .200 with a double, a home run and six walks.
- Gamel is 76th in home runs and 66th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes leads the Pirates with a team-best batting average of .333.
- Daniel Vogelbach has racked up a team-best two home runs.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Pirates
Our best bet is the Pirates on the moneyline at +199 after taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price