Seeking their seventh win of the year, the Milwaukee Brewers (6-5) are favorites (-260) on the moneyline when they take on the Pittsburgh Pirates (5-5) Tuesday at 7:40 PM ET. Milwaukee’s Corbin Burnes and Pittsburgh’s JT Brubaker have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Milwaukee Brewers vs. Pittsburgh Pirates: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Pirates
Our computer pick: Pittsburgh Pirates (+214) and Over (7.5)
Brewers vs. Pirates Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Corbin Burnes
- Pittsburgh Pirates probable starting pitcher: JT Brubaker
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Milwaukee Brewers vs Pittsburgh Pirates Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Corbin Burnes
- Burnes (0-0) pitches for the Brewers to make his third start this season.
- The righty last pitched on Wednesday against the Baltimore Orioles, when he tossed seven scoreless innings while giving up three hits.
- He has a 2.25 ERA and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are hitting .175 against him over his two appearances this season.
- Burnes will try to build on a three-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.0 frames per appearance).
- He will face a Pirates squad that is batting .262 as a unit (fifth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .375 (18th in MLB) with six total home runs (24th in MLB).
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 27-year-old’s 2.25 ERA ranks 21st, .917 WHIP ranks 19th, and 9.0 K/9 ranks 28th.
Pirates Starter JT Brubaker
- The Pirates will send Brubaker to the mound for his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Thursday against the Washington Nationals, throwing 4 1/3 innings and giving up four earned runs.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 9.82, a batting average against of .281 and 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Brewers rank 20th in MLB with 37 runs scored this season. They have a .213 batting average this campaign with six home runs (24th in the league).
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers have won six, or 54.5%, of the 11 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Milwaukee has not entered a game this season with shorter moneyline odds than -260.
- The Brewers have a 72.2% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Milwaukee and its opponents have hit the over in four of their 11 games with a total.
- The Brewers are 3-8-0 ATS in their 11 games with a spread this season.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates have come away with three wins in the seven contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Pittsburgh this season with a +214 moneyline set for this game.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Pirates have a 31.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Pittsburgh and their opponents have hit the over in four of their 10 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 10 games with a line this season, the Pirates have a mark of 6-4-0 against the spread.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Yelich paces the Brewers with one home runs and six runs batted in.
- Including all MLB batters, Yelich ranks 91st in batting average, 36th in on-base percentage, and 62nd in slugging.
- Rowdy Tellez’s one home runs pace his team.
- Andrew McCutchen paces the Brewers with a team-high batting average of .262.
- Willy Adames has hit one home runs to pace his team.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Michael Chavis has put up a team-leading six runs batted in.
- Chavis ranks 66th in home runs and 41st in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Ben Gamel is hitting .222 with a double, a home run and six walks.
- Gamel ranks 66th overall in home runs and 55th in RBI this season.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes paces the Pirates with a team-best batting average of .371.
- Daniel Vogelbach has a double, a home run and three walks while hitting .333.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Pirates
Our best bet is the Pirates on the moneyline at +214 after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price