The Milwaukee Brewers will look to pick up their sixth win of the season when they take on the Pittsburgh Pirates (5-4) Monday. The game begins at 7:40 PM ET, with the Brewers listed as -180 favorites on the moneyline. Eric Lauer will get the ball for Milwaukee while Pittsburgh counter with Zach Thompson.
Table of Contents
Milwaukee Brewers vs. Pittsburgh Pirates: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Pirates
Our computer pick: Pittsburgh Pirates (+154) and Over (8.5)
Brewers vs. Pirates Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Eric Lauer
- Pittsburgh Pirates probable starting pitcher: Zach Thompson
- Game Day: Monday, April 18, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Milwaukee Brewers vs Pittsburgh Pirates Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Eric Lauer
- The Brewers are sending Lauer (0-0) out to make his second start of the season.
- His most recent appearance was on Tuesday against the Baltimore Orioles, when the left-hander went 4 1/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing three hits.
- In one games this season, he has a 6.23 ERA and 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .188 against him.
- He meets a Pirates offense that ranks 13th in the league with 40 runs while batting .266 as a squad. It has a collective .379 slugging percentage (17th in MLB play) and has hit a total of five home runs (27th in MLB).
Pirates Starter Zach Thompson
- Thompson will get the start for the Pirates, his second of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he threw four innings against the Chicago Cubs, giving up two earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 4.50, a 3 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.500 in one games this season.
- The Brewers are batting .212 this season, 23rd in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .328 (24th in the league) with five home runs.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers entered a game as favorites 124 times last season and won 75, or 60.5%, of those games.
- Last season, Milwaukee won 30 of its 45 games, or 66.7%, when favored by at least -180 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Brewers have a 64.3% chance to win.
- Milwaukee and its opponents went over the total last season in 75 of their 164 opportunities.
- The Brewers were 64-56-0 ATS in their 120 games with a spread last season.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates were underdogs in 146 games last season and came away with the win 51 times (34.9%) in those contests.
- Last season, Pittsburgh was victorious 22 times in 62 chances when named as an underdog of +154 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Pirates have a 39.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents hit the over in 76 of their 157 games with a total set by oddsmakers last season.
- The Pirates went 49-63-0 against the spread in their 112 games with a line set by sportsbooks last season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rowdy Tellez is the Brewers best power option, connecting on one round-trippers this season in addition to accumulating five RBI, both team highs.
- Andrew McCutchen has five runs batted in while batting .282. Both are team-highs.
- McCutchen is 169th in homers and 51st in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Willy Adames has a team-best one home runs.
- Christian Yelich is batting .200 with three doubles and seven walks.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryan Reynolds hit 24 home runs and had 90 runs batted in last season, while accumulating a batting average of .302.
- Kevin Newman hit .226 with 22 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 27 walks.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes hit .257 last season with 20 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 31 walks.
- Ben Gamel had 18 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 51 walks while hitting .247.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Pirates
We have the Pirates on the moneyline at +154 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price