The Milwaukee Brewers look to start their season with a win as road favorites (-171) in a season-opening matchup with the Chicago Cubs. First pitch is on Thursday at 2:20 PM ET, live from Wrigley Field. Corbin Burnes will get the ball for Milwaukee while Chicago counter with Kyle Hendricks.
Table of Contents
Milwaukee Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Cubs
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (+148) and Over (10.5)
Brewers vs. Cubs Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Corbin Burnes
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Kyle Hendricks
- Game Day: Thursday, April 7, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Milwaukee Brewers vs Chicago Cubs Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Corbin Burnes
- Burnes takes the mound for his first start of the season for the Brewers.
- In his last appearance on Friday, Oct. 8, the 27-year-old right-hander started and went 6 2/3 scoreless innings against the Atlanta Braves.
- Over his 28 appearances last season he finished with a 2.43 ERA and a 0.94 WHIP, compiling an 11-5 record.
- Among qualified pitchers in MLB last year he ranked first in ERA (2.43), second in WHIP (.940), and first in K/9 (12.6).
Cubs Starter Kyle Hendricks
- Hendricks gets the nod for the Cubs and will make his first start of the season.
- The last time the 32-year-old pitched was on Wednesday, Sept. 29 against the Pittsburgh Pirates. The righty threw 5 2/3 innings as the starter in that matchup.
- Last season, he posted a 4.77 ERA with 6.5 strikeouts per nine innings and a record of 14-7.
- He ranked 36th in ERA (4.77), 35th in WHIP (1.348), and 35th in K/9 (6.5) among qualified pitchers in the majors last season.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the Brewers won 75 out of the 124 games, or 60.5%, in which they were favored.
- Milwaukee was 34-19 last season when entering a game favored by -171 or more on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Brewers have a 63.1% chance to win.
- Milwaukee and its opponents went over the total last season in 75 of their 164 opportunities.
- The Brewers were 64-56-0 ATS in their 120 games with a spread last season.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs were underdogs in 94 games last season and came away with the win 31 times (33%) in those contests.
- Last season, Chicago was victorious 13 times in 35 chances when named as an underdog of +148 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Cubs have an implied victory probability of 40.3% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Chicago and its opponents went over in 74 of their 155 games with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- The Cubs went 58-55-0 against the spread in their 113 games that had a posted line last season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Hunter Renfroe had 31 home runs and 96 runs batted in last season.
- Andrew McCutchen hit .222 with 24 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 81 walks.
- Luis Urias hit .249 a season ago with 25 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 63 walks.
- Willy Adames hit .262 a season ago with 130 hits.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ian Happ sent home 66 runs batted in a season ago.
- Jonathan Villar had a .249 batting average with 113 hits.
- Willson Contreras hit .237 a season ago with 20 doubles, 21 home runs and 52 walks.
- Frank Schwindel hit .326 with 20 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 16 walks.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Cubs
After taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Cubs on the moneyline at +148. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 10.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price