Trevor Rogers gets the starting nod for Miami while Ranger Suarez is Philadelphia’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Miami Marlins vs. Philadelphia Phillies: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Marlins vs. Phillies
Our computer pick: Philadelphia Phillies (-110) and Over (7.5)
Marlins vs. Phillies Game Info
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Trevor Rogers
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Ranger Suárez
- Game Day: Saturday, April 16, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Miami Marlins vs Philadelphia Phillies Pitching Matchup
Marlins Starter Trevor Rogers
- Rogers (0-1) makes the start for the Marlins, his second of the season.
- His last appearance came on Sunday against the San Francisco Giants, when the left-hander went five innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- In one games this season, he has a 3.60 ERA and 5.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .300 against him.
- He will take the hill against a Phillies team that is batting .243 as a unit (10th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .412 (seventh in MLB) with eight total home runs (ninth in MLB).
Phillies Starter Ranger Suárez
- The Phillies will send Suarez to the mound for his second start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Monday, when he threw 2 2/3 innings against the New York Mets, giving up three earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 10.13, a batting average against of .357 and 3.4 strikeouts per nine innings in one games this season.
- The Marlins are batting .220 this season, 20th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .366 (21st in the league) with six home runs.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Marlins were favorites in 46 games last season and won 26 (56.5%) of those contests.
- Last season, Miami won 25 of its 45 games, or 55.6%, when favored by at least -110 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 52.4% chance of a victory for the Marlins.
- Miami and its opponents went over the total last season in 71 of their 159 opportunities.
- The Marlins had an ATS record of 61-56-0 in 117 games with a spread last season.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies were chosen as underdogs in 70 games last year and walked away with the win 35 times (50%) in those games.
- Philadelphia had a mark of 36-37 in contests where oddsmakers set them as -110 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Phillies have an implied victory probability of 52.4% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Philadelphia and its opponents went over the total last season in 79 of their 162 opportunities.
- In 118 games with a line last season, the Phillies had a mark of 59-59-0 against the spread.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jesus Sanchez paces the Marlins with two home runs while accumulating a team-best batting average of .310.
- In all of MLB, Sanchez is 11th in homers and 19th in RBI.
- Jazz Chisholm’s two home runs and seven RBI both lead his team.
- Chisholm ranks 11th in home runs and ninth in RBI on the season.
- Joey Wendle is batting .368 with two doubles and a walk.
- Wendle will look to build on his four-game hitting in this game. In his last five games he is hitting .375 with two doubles and two RBI.
- Garrett Cooper has a double, a home run and two walks while hitting .280.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nicholas Castellanos has posted a team-high two home runs and has driven in five runs.
- Castellanos is 11th in homers and 32nd in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Castellanos takes a hitting streak of three games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .333 with three doubles, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins has four doubles, a home run and five walks while batting .292.
- Among all MLB hitters, Hoskins is 46th in homers and 51st in RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto paces the Phillies’ lineup with a .360 batting average.
- Jean Segura has swatted a team-high two home runs.
Betting Tips for Marlins vs. Phillies
After analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Phillies on the moneyline at -110. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price