Two of the league’s top power hitters meet Friday when the New York Mets (26-14) and Colorado Rockies (18-19) take the field at 8:40 PM ET. Pete Alonso has 10 home runs for the Mets (-134 favorites on the moneyline) while C.J. Cron has 10 homers this season for the Rockies (+114). New York’s Carlos Carrasco and Colorado’s German Marquez have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+114) and Over (10)
Mets vs. Rockies Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Carlos Carrasco
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Germán Márquez
- Game Day: Friday, May 20, 2022
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
New York Mets vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Carlos Carrasco
- Carrasco (3-1) takes the mound for the Mets in his eighth start of the season. He has a 3.73 ERA in 41 innings pitched, with 35 strikeouts.
- The righty’s last appearance was on Sunday against the Seattle Mariners, when he tossed 4 1/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- In seven games this season, the 35-year-old has a 3.73 ERA and 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .250 to opposing batters.
- Carrasco has three quality starts under his belt this year.
- Carrasco has pitched five or more innings in a game five times this year heading into this outing.
- The opposing Rockies offense has the fifth-ranked slugging percentage (.413) and ranks 15th in MLB play with 37 home runs. It has a collective .264 batting average, and is second in MLB with 330 total hits and seventh in MLB play scoring 178 runs.
- The 35-year-old ranks 39th in ERA (3.73), 28th in WHIP (1.122), and 34th in K/9 (7.7) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Rockies Starter Germán Márquez
- The Rockies will send Marquez (1-3) to the mound for his eighth start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up three earned runs and allowed three hits in six innings against the Kansas City Royals.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 6.16 ERA this season with 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.6 walks per nine across seven games.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he’ll earn his third quality start in a row.
- Marquez has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Mets rank second in MLB with a .251 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 15th in the league (.383) and 33 home runs.
- The 27-year-old ranks 60th in ERA (6.16), 59th in WHIP (1.526), and 36th in K/9 (7.6) among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Mets have been favored 36 times and won 23, or 63.9%, of those games.
- New York has a record of 14-8, a 63.6% win rate, when favored by -134 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 57.3% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in 18 of their 42 chances.
- In 40 games with a spread this season, the Mets are 23-17-0 ATS.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have come away with 10 wins in the 24 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Colorado has been victorious seven times in 20 chances when named as an underdog of at least +114 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Rockies have an implied victory probability of 46.7% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Colorado and their opponents have hit the over in 21 of their 37 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Rockies have posted a record of 17-20-0 against the spread this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Alonso leads the Mets in home runs (10) and runs batted in (36).
- Among all hitters in MLB, Alonso ranks sixth in home runs and first in RBI.
- Alonso carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .300 with two home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has six doubles, six home runs and 21 walks while hitting .240.
- Lindor ranks 39th in home runs and 24th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Lindor enters this game looking for his third game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is batting .313 with a home run, seven walks and an RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo is hitting .287 with seven doubles, three triples, three home runs and 21 walks.
- Nimmo is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .227 with two doubles, two triples, a walk and five RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has a club-high .313 batting average.
- McNeil brings a five-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a double and eight RBI.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cron leads the Rockies with 10 home runs and 30 runs batted in, while posting a team-best batting average of .319.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Cron’s home run total ranks sixth and his RBI tally is fifth.
- Cron has collected a hit in six games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is batting .317 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Connor Joe is hitting .278 with five doubles, two triples, four home runs and 18 walks.
- Joe is 74th in homers and 166th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Charlie Blackmon has seven doubles, six home runs and 11 walks while hitting .222.
- Ryan McMahon is hitting .275 with eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and 15 walks.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Rockies
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +114. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 10 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price