The New York Mets (15-6) and the Philadelphia Phillies (11-11) meet in the rubber match of a three-game series on Sunday at 7:08 PM ET. The Mets are -185 favorites on the moneyline to win the series over the Phillies (+159). New York’s Max Scherzer and Philadelphia’s Zach Eflin have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Phillies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Phillies
Our computer pick: Philadelphia Phillies (+159) and Over (6.5)
Mets vs. Phillies Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Max Scherzer
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Zach Eflin
- Game Day: Sunday, May 1, 2022
- Game Time: 7:08 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
New York Mets vs Philadelphia Phillies Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Max Scherzer
- Scherzer gets the start for the Mets, his fifth of the season. He is 3-0 with a 1.80 ERA and 33 strikeouts in 25 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Monday, the righty threw 7 2/3 scoreless innings against the St. Louis Cardinals while surrendering two hits.
- In four games this season, the 37-year-old has amassed a 1.80 ERA and 11.9 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of just .131 to opposing batters.
- Scherzer is trying to build upon a second-game quality start streak in this game.
- Scherzer will look to pitch five or more innings for his fifth straight appearance. He’s averaging 6.1 frames per outing.
- He will face off against a Phillies offense that ranks seventh in MLB with 174 total hits (on a .244 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .400 (seventh in MLB) with 21 total home runs (10th in MLB).
- Scherzer has a 1.8 ERA and a 1.6 WHIP against the Phillies this season in five innings pitched, allowing a .263 batting average over one appearance.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 37-year-old ranks 14th in ERA (1.80), sixth in WHIP (.760), and seventh in K/9 (11.9).
Phillies Starter Zach Eflin
- The Phillies will send Eflin (1-1) to the mound for his fifth start this season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run in 6 2/3 innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Colorado Rockies.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in four games this season with an ERA of 4.12, 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .257.
- He has one quality starts in four chances this season.
- Eflin has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Mets have scored 93 runs this season, which ranks 10th in MLB. They are batting .252 for the campaign with 18 home runs, 19th in the league.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Mets have been favored 19 times and won 15, or 78.9%, of those games.
- New York has played as a favorite of -185 or more twice this season and won both games.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 64.9% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in seven of their 22 chances.
- The Mets are 14-7-0 ATS in their 21 games with a spread this season.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have been victorious in two of the six contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Philadelphia this season with a +159 moneyline set for this game.
- The Phillies have an implied victory probability of 38.6% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Philadelphia’s games have gone over the total in 10 of their 22 opportunities.
- The Phillies have an against the spread mark of 11-11-0 in 22 games with a line this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Francisco Lindor leads the Mets with four homers on the year. He’s also hitting .284 with 13 RBI.
- Including all MLB hitters, Lindor ranks 42nd in batting average, 33rd in on-base percentage, and 33rd in slugging.
- Lindor takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .227 with a walk and two RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has a club-high .328 batting average.
- Of all major league batters, McNeil is 149th in home runs and 86th in RBI.
- Starling Marte has two doubles, two home runs and three walks while hitting .235.
- Brandon Nimmo has two doubles, a triple, three home runs and 12 walks while batting .276.
- Nimmo is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a home run, four walks and two RBI.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryce Harper has driven in the most runs for the Phillies with 14 runs batted in.
- Harper is 46th in homers and 15th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Nicholas Castellanos has a club-high .300 batting average.
- Castellanos ranks 46th in homers and 34th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Alec Bohm paces the Phillies with 14 runs batted in.
- Kyle Schwarber has swatted a team-high five home runs.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Phillies
We have the Phillies on the moneyline at +159 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 6.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price