Two of the league’s top hitters will meet Wednesday when the New York Mets (21-9) and Washington Nationals (10-21) take to the field at 7:05 PM ET. Jeff McNeil is batting .333 for the Mets (-181 favorites on the moneyline) while Josh Bell leads the underdog Nationals (+155) with a .349 average. New York’s Tylor Megill gets the start, and he’ll go against Washington’s Aaron Sanchez.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+155) and Over (8)
Mets vs. Nationals Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Tylor Megill
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Aaron Sanchez
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
New York Mets vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Tylor Megill
- Megill (4-1) gets the starting nod for the Mets in his seventh start of the season. He has a 2.43 ERA in 33 1/3 innings pitched, with 36 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the right-hander threw 5 1/3 innings against the Atlanta Braves, allowing three earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- The 26-year-old has amassed an ERA of 2.43, with 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in six games this season. Opponents are hitting .183 against him.
- Megill has one quality start under his belt this season.
- Megill will aim to last five or more innings for his seventh straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.2 frames per outing.
- The opposing Nationals offense has the 19th-ranked slugging percentage (.363) and is 24th in MLB play with 21 home runs. It has a collective .252 batting average, and is third in MLB with 262 total hits and 11th in MLB play scoring 127 runs.
- Megill has thrown five innings without giving up an earned run on three hits, while striking out six against the Nationals this season.
- The 26-year-old’s 2.43 ERA ranks 21st, .900 WHIP ranks 10th, and 9.7 K/9 ranks 12th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Nationals Starter Aaron Sanchez
- The Nationals will hand the ball to Sanchez (1-2) for his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up six earned runs and allowed six hits in 4 1/3 innings pitched against the Colorado Rockies on Thursday.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to an 8.56 ERA this season with 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.0 walks per nine across three games.
- In three starts this season, Sánchez has lasted five or more innings one time, with an average of 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Mets rank sixth in MLB with 135 runs scored this season. They have a .253 batting average this campaign with 25 home runs (18th in the league).
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have entered the game as favorites 26 times this season and won 19, or 73.1%, of those games.
- New York has been at least a -181 moneyline favorite three times this season and won each of those games.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mets have a 64.4% chance to win.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in 12 of their 31 games with a total this season.
- The Mets are 20-10-0 ATS in their 30 games with a spread this season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have been underdogs in 26 games this season and have come away with the win eight times (30.8%) in those contests.
- This season, Washington has come away with a win three times in seven chances when named as an underdog of at least +155 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Nationals have an implied victory probability of 39.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Washington’s games have gone over the total in 14 of their 31 opportunities.
- The Nationals are 12-19-0 against the spread in their 31 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Mets best power option comes in the form of Pete Alonso and his seven-home-run 26-RBI season, both team highs.
- Among all MLB hitters, Alonso is 41st in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage, and 24th in slugging.
- Alonso takes a hitting streak of two games into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .389 with two doubles, two home runs, four walks and five RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .246 with five doubles, five home runs and 12 walks.
- Lindor ranks 32nd in homers and 32nd in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Lindor heads into this matchup looking for his fifth game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is hitting .227 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- McNeil has put up a team-high batting average of .333.
- Starling Marte is hitting .263 with five doubles, three home runs and four walks.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Nationals are lead in runs batted in by Bell with a mark of 21, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .349.
- Bell’s home run total puts him 48th in MLB, and he ranks 10th in RBI.
- Bell brings a hitting streak of three games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .350 with a double, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Juan Soto has shown off his power as he paces his team with six home runs.
- Soto is currently 17th in home runs and 176th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Maikel Franco is hitting .282 with nine doubles, two home runs and six walks.
- Yadiel Hernandez is batting .346 with seven doubles, two home runs and four walks.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Nationals
After looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Nationals on the moneyline at +155. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price