The New York Mets (20-9) and Washington Nationals (10-20) meet Tuesday at Nationals Park, starting at 7:05 PM ET. The Mets are -150 moneyline favorites for the contest, however, the Nationals are favored against the spread of runs with odds. Tylor Megill starts for New York while Patrick Corbin is Washington’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+130)
Mets vs. Nationals Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Tylor Megill
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Patrick Corbin
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
New York Mets vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Tylor Megill
- Megill makes the start for the Mets, his seventh of the season. He is 4-1 with a 2.43 ERA and 36 strikeouts in 33 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the right-hander went 5 1/3 innings against the Atlanta Braves, giving up three earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- The 26-year-old has amassed an ERA of 2.43, with 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in six games this season. Opponents have a .183 batting average against him.
- Megill has recorded one quality start this year.
- Megill will try to pitch five or more innings for his seventh straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.2 frames per outing.
- He meets a Nationals offense that ranks eighth in the league with 125 runs while batting .252 as a squad. It has a collective .363 slugging percentage (18th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 20 home runs (23rd in MLB).
- Head-to-head against the Nationals this season, Megill has thrown five innings without giving up an earned run on three hits, while striking out six.
- The 26-year-old ranks 20th in ERA (2.43), 12th in WHIP (.900), and 13th in K/9 (9.7) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Nationals Starter Patrick Corbin
- The Nationals will send Corbin (0-5) to the mound for his seventh start this season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Thursday, when he gave up three earned runs and allowed nine hits in eight innings against the Colorado Rockies.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 7.16 and 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .308 in six games this season.
- He’s looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Corbin has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Mets rank fourth in MLB with 131 runs scored this season. They have a .253 batting average this campaign with 25 home runs (14th in the league).
- The Mets have gone 5-for-15 with a double and two RBI in one game against the left-hander this season.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have won 18, or 72%, of the 25 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- New York is 7-3 this season when entering a game favored by -150 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 60% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- Games involving New York have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 12 of 30 chances this season.
- The Mets are 19-10-0 against the spread this season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have been victorious in eight, or 32%, of the 25 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Washington has a win-loss record of 5-8 when favored by +130 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Nationals have an implied victory probability of 43.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Washington and their opponents have gone over in 14 of their 30 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Nationals have an against the spread record of 12-18-0 in 30 games with a line this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Pete Alonso paces the Mets in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (26).
- Alonso is sixth in home runs and second in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .239 with five doubles, five home runs and 12 walks.
- Lindor ranks 28th in home runs and 24th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Lindor carries a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is batting .143 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Starling Marte is hitting .275 with five doubles, three home runs and four walks.
- Jeff McNeil’s .323 batting average paces his team.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Josh Bell has put up a team-best batting average of .343 while pacing the Nationals in runs batted in with a mark of 21.
- In all of MLB, Bell ranks 41st in home runs and seventh in RBI.
- Bell brings a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Juan Soto’s six home runs lead his team.
- Soto is currently 14th in home runs and 163rd in RBI in the big leagues.
- Maikel Franco has eight doubles, two home runs and six walks while hitting .281.
- Yadiel Hernandez is batting .365 with seven doubles, two home runs and four walks.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Nationals
After analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Nationals on the moneyline at +130.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price