Two of the league’s top hitters will meet Sunday when the New York Mets (44-23) and Miami Marlins (28-35) take to the field at 1:40 PM ET. Jeff McNeil is batting .324 for the Mets (-134 favorites on the moneyline) while Garrett Cooper leads the underdog Marlins (+114) with a .313 average. Chris Bassitt starts for New York while Sandy Alcantara is Miami’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Marlins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Marlins
Our computer pick: Miami Marlins (+114) and Over (7)
Mets vs. Marlins Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Chris Bassitt
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Sandy Alcantara
- Game Day: Sunday, June 19, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
New York Mets vs Miami Marlins Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Chris Bassitt
- Bassitt (5-4) gets the starting nod for the Mets in his 14th start of the season. He has a 3.89 ERA in 76 1/3 innings pitched, with 81 strikeouts.
- His last appearance was on Tuesday against the Milwaukee Brewers, when the righty went 8 2/3 scoreless innings while allowing three hits.
- In 13 games this season, the 33-year-old has a 3.89 ERA and 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .226 to his opponents.
- Bassitt heads into this matchup with seven quality starts under his belt this season.
- Bassitt has pitched five or more innings in a game 11 times this year entering this game.
- The opposing Marlins offense has a collective .240 batting average, and is 22nd in the league with 512 total hits and 16th in MLB action with 282 runs scored. It has the 15th-ranked slugging percentage (.394) and ranks 13th in home runs (70) in all of MLB.
- The 33-year-old ranks 43rd in ERA (3.89), 32nd in WHIP (1.166), and 15th in K/9 (9.6) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Marlins Starter Sandy Alcantara
- Alcantara (6-2) will take the mound for the Marlins, his 14th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs in 7 2/3 innings pitched on Monday in his last outing, a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 1.68 and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .192 in 13 games this season.
- He’s going for his eighth quality start in a row.
- Alcantara has pitched five or more innings in seven straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Mets rank first in MLB with 340 runs scored this season. They have a .262 batting average this campaign with 64 home runs (18th in the league).
- Among qualified pitchers this campaign, the 26-year-old’s 1.68 ERA ranks second, .964 WHIP ranks 11th, and 8.1 K/9 ranks 34th.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Mets have been favored 50 times and won 35, or 70%, of those games.
- New York has a record of 21-9 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -134 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Mets, based on the moneyline, is 57.3%.
- New York and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 35 of their 69 opportunities.
- The Mets have an ATS record of 40-27-0 in 67 games with a spread this season.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Marlins have been underdogs in 36 games this season and have come away with the win 12 times (33.3%) in those contests.
- Miami has a win-loss record of 6-15 when favored by +114 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Marlins have an implied victory probability of 46.7% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Miami and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 32 of their 63 opportunities.
- The Marlins are 33-30-0 against the spread in their 63 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets with 19 home runs and 63 runs batted in.
- Of all batters in the majors, Alonso is second in home runs and first in RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has nine doubles, two triples, 11 home runs and 27 walks while hitting .243.
- Lindor ranks 39th in home runs and fourth in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Lindor heads into this game looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with two home runs and six RBI.
- McNeil has a team-best batting average of .324.
- McNeil will look to build on his six-game hitting in this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .382 with a double, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Starling Marte has 12 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 11 walks while batting .278.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jazz Chisholm has managed a team-leading 13 home runs and has driven in 41 runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Chisholm is 21st in home runs and 19th in RBI.
- Jorge Soler has 13 doubles, 12 home runs and 27 walks while batting .219.
- Soler ranks 28th in homers and 73rd in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Cooper paces the Marlins with a team-best batting average of .313.
- Miguel Rojas is hitting .222 with six doubles, a triple, five home runs and 13 walks.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Marlins
After looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Marlins on the moneyline at +114. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price